Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm 100% convinced that it's the ducer causing everything. Take that thing off and get some wind in your hair!

2. Member
    Finally have an update, had some fueling issues and had to replace fuel line and 2 primer bulbs. So, removed the transducer and mounted it under the jackplate and the boat picked up 7mph and bow lift and she runs great! Thanks for the great info and suggestions! The boat was running 60 @ 5,600 rpm in rough water. Still going to change plugs and raise the plate up to 3.5 and see if I can get some more speed out of it. After those changes gonna see what it runs @5,600 rpm I know I can take it to 5,800 but rather not run it maxed out.

3. Member
    Awesome that you are on the path to getting what you want out of here. Those transducers sure do cause a headache sometimes.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Raise it to 3 1/2” and retest. Usually 3 to 3 1/2” is the sweet spot with that prop. Also since u were breaking in a new powerhead, were u running double oil? If so swap plugs and you may gain some rpm’s back.

if your water PSI is good at 3 1/2, go up in 1/4” increments until you either lose speed or water pressure.
    Correct , 3 3/4 is to low and plowing .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12