Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scary Situation Last Night…

About 10 PM last night a couple of the neighbor ladies pounded on my door. A guy and gal were acting suspicious (long story from a previous incident). The couple were obviously impaired. Both neighbor ladies came into my house and the nutjob gal followed them up the driveway. Then I saw the axe she was carrying. My hand went for Mr S&W 9. I told her to back the hell off and thank Jesus she did. I never showed her the weapon but damn, it was close. One more step and it was coming out. They walked off, the guy across the street had the PD on the way. Good God I was shaking. I DO NOT want to play that game. Got it all on an Arlo cam with audio. I’m too old for this chit.

2. Member
    Glad you were there for the ladies, and Mr. S&W didn't get involved.

Glad it all worked out, that can’t be a good feeling. I’ve only had one encounter that I was thinking I might have to pull my gun out and thankfully the guy stop coming towards me. You just never know what someone’s intentions are or what they might do. I also had my 100 pound German Shepard with me but that didn’t seem to phase him initially but it might have been what stopped him.

4. Member
    Scary situation for sure. Glad it ended the way it did.

5. Member
    Could have become a nightmare.

6. Member
    Great piece of restraint on your part. Amazing how a life can change when self defense happens.

Good job with restraint, all turned out well. Got a crummy deal in my neighborhood also. Young couple across the street always screaming and yelling at each other in their front yard. Afraid things might get out of hand and she might come to my door for help and he might follow.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

8. Member
    The start of the zombie apocalypse?

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have had to pull mine and it is not fun.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    Good practice for what is to come probably! Glad you didn’t have to use it. Pray none of us have to!

11. Member
    Glad you didn't have to use it!

12. Member
    I had a road rage incident once. Two lane road, guy all over my bumper flashing his lights and using hand gestures at me. Got stopped at an intersection (red light) watched in my mirror the guy shift the old column shifter into park. Then his door opened and started walking toward my truck and I made the decision and stepped out of my truck, gun in hand by my side never pointed at him. I yelled for him to get back in his truck and fortunately he did. The light turned green and I drove off. Thought to myself that was dumb of me, I should have just drove away.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

13. Member
    Never had to shoot someone--but ! A few close calls !

14. Member
    I quit carrying a few years ago. I had to pull it out once when some meth heads tried to rob us at a boat launch before dawn. That was Preston Island launch on Guntersville. They came out of the woods ordering us to get out of the truck. I suppose they planned to drive off with the boat and truck. I fired a round next to them on the payment. They were back in the woods in a hurry. We drove off to another ramp and called the sheriff. Never heard anything else. My new boss was with me and he laughed after it was all over and said he would be sure not to do anything to pizz me off.

15. Member
    When someone is backed in a corner and looks like your end may be coming is no good feeling for sure, thankfully you had a gun close by to be ready to fight for that corner. I have been in that corner couple times and somehow, I managed to get out without firing!!

16. Member
    That could of went bad very easily, thank God it didn't.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I quit carrying a few years ago. I had to pull it out once when some meth heads tried to rob us at a boat launch before dawn. That was Preston Island launch on Guntersville. They came out of the woods ordering us to get out of the truck. I suppose they planned to drive off with the boat and truck. I fired a round next to them on the payment. They were back in the woods in a hurry. We drove off to another ramp and called the sheriff. Never heard anything else. My new boss was with me and he laughed after it was all over and said he would be sure not to do anything to pizz me off.
    This is the exact reason I got my carry initially. I'm at ramps before dawn often and you just never know what kind of idiots you'll run into at some remote ramps.

Glad you didn't have to use it.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

19. Banned
    I have to shake my head at people when they ask why I am always carrying my .45.

I've had to draw it, and was fully prepared to pull the trigger. It didn't make him any less angry, but it did stop his advancing towards me.

Years ago when one had to go thru instruction before getting a carry permit, the instructor, a retired Highway Patrol officer, said two things I have always remembered.

If the trouble comes to you, then it's self defense, if you go to the trouble, then YOU have trouble with the law.

the 2nd was the most important,

You own that bullet, wherever it goes.

20. Member
    I dread the day I have to use mine. Praying it never happens! Seems in today’s world you would be the bad guy no matter what the situation was. That being said I strap mine on when I get dressed and take it off when I go to bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast