Ranger dealers in TX?

Have any of you found a good Ranger dealer in TX, especially one you trust to do a good job rigging your boat? We used to have Texas Boat World in Harker Heights but they no longer handle Ranger. I’m considering buying a new one and it would be less hassle if can buy in state.
    Thanks

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I would think you could buy one at any Cabelas. I've seen Ranger inventory over there last few times I've been to FTW. Outdoor Specialties in Eastland is a Ranger dealer. I've never had any work done there but I hear he's good. Haven't heard anything about rigging though.

Outdoor Specialties is located in Eastland, TX. | New and Used Inventory for Sale (osboats.com)

3. Member
    I bought my skeeter from DSM and had a fantastic experience. They are also a Ranger dealer.

https://www.diamondsportsmarine.com/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Town Fuzz View Post
    I bought my skeeter from DSM and had a fantastic experience. They are also a Ranger dealer.

https://www.diamondsportsmarine.com/
    Unfortunately they no longer handle Ranger. Just Skeeter and Excel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I would think you could buy one at any Cabelas. I've seen Ranger inventory over there last few times I've been to FTW. Outdoor Specialties in Eastland is a Ranger dealer. I've never had any work done there but I hear he's good. Haven't heard anything about rigging though.

Outdoor Specialties is located in Eastland, TX. | New and Used Inventory for Sale (osboats.com)
    I’ve heard some horror stories about Cabela’s rigging. I don’t have any personal experience with their service departments but my experience talking to their sales guys has been poor.
    I’d love to hear from anyone who has dealt with Outdoor Specialties.

6. Member
    I've had 3 Rangers, & I will not have another one because of their poor dealer network in Texas. I had every intention if buying one from DSM in 2020 but they quit selling them. I bought A Z520 from Cabela's in 2010. Cabela's is not a good place to buy a boat

7. Member
    You are right, there don't seem to be many good options for sales and service in TX. I actually drove all the way to C&O Marine in Nashville when I bought my current boat. Besides the distance, registration of the out of state boat was a bit more of a hassle too.

Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    I've had 3 Rangers, & I will not have another one because of their poor dealer network in Texas. I had every intention if buying one from DSM in 2020 but they quit selling them. I bought A Z520 from Cabela's in 2010. Cabela's is not a good place to buy a boat

8. Member
    Have not heard a bad word about Outdoor specialties. Many dealers dropped ranger and Triton because they WRM shit on them, warranty issues were a pain to deal with and left customers waiting. Never again will I own a JM or WRM boat.

9. Member
    I too am disappointed with the lack of good dealerships. It was a shame when Texas Boat World was dropped. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding any brands (including Ranger) that really seem worth the money. And when you go on the owner boards you hear issues with all of them.

10. Member
    https://www.nicholsmarineinc.com/boa.../all/Ranger/1/

Have you looked at Nichols Marine in Longview?
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

11. Member
    No I haven't been there. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive and they don't have any Z520Rs. Does anyone here have experience buying from them and especially, how are they at rigging?
    Thanks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    I too am disappointed with the lack of good dealerships. It was a shame when Texas Boat World was dropped. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding any brands (including Ranger) that really seem worth the money. And when you go on the owner boards you hear issues with all of them.
    They didn’t drop TBW, they threatened to drop them when Cliff started selling Caymas. Get rid of Caymas or we are done.Cliff said to come get their boats and get them off the lot. They were tired of dealing with lack of response on warranty issues and have to send boats back to the factory. That’s one reason he added Caymas and stayed with Skeeter and sent Johnny his boats back.

13. Member
    Thanks, I thought it was probably something about carrying competing brands and not Nitros...Now we are stuck with Austin Boats and Premier Yamaha for Ranger dealers.

14. Member
    Premier Yamaha in Beaumont, Texas sells Rangers. https://www.premier-yamaha.com/ Ask for Mike (409-840-4111). Beaumont has Ranger Z520L, but Conroe store has a Ranger Z520R

15. Member
    I'd be searching for a different brand of boat when dealers are dropping off or getting dropped, it's a sign.

If I lived in your area, I would definitely check out the brands he carries and buy from Texas Boat World. Everything I've heard is that the new Rangers are not the boat they used to be before Randy Hopper and all the other guys left and started up Vexus.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    I'd be searching for a different brand of boat when dealers are dropping off or getting dropped, it's a sign.

18. Member
    My current boat is sold to a guy that has a new ranger, he said never again will he deal with that again. Luckily he’s patient and waiting till June to receive this boat when my 23model gets here.

19. Member
    Outdoor Specialties in Eastland

Just my opinion, but if you are wanting a new Ranger you will need to look out of state. I have been running Ranger since 1985 and all of my boats were purchased out of state. I don't regret doing so. Never had any issues with purchasing my boats out of State.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS