21XRD/300R or XRS/300R?

Which is the better combo, in general? It seems, at times, that the XRS is starting to get more negative press in the speed and/or overall performance - plus hard to set up... On the other hand, what would a realistic top end be on the XRD/300 combo and what prop? I am still researching which one to buy (I currently have a XRS/250 Pro and will barley hit 80) in my research I have visited with Bullet and currently there is an approx. 9-10 month build period before delivery, lol, almost a year before I would get the new one... Plenty of time, I guess to sell my 2014.

2. Member
    I had a 2017 Xrs and went back to a 21 RDC because I didn't like the way the XRS performed compared to the X boats. I also prefer the looks and lines of the X boats. My 21RDC, 300r will run low 90s loaded with 2 people running a stock 32 Bravo XS. I have a heavy load and run 3 group 29 lead acid batteries and a 31 AGM. Hole shot is good as well.

3. Member
    I would go XRD without question
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

4. Member
    21 xrd with 300R and a 31 max5 running 93.5 to fastest of 95.4 loaded with 2 people and full fuel empty live wells. Have not run single since the max 5 was installed

5. Member
    Xrs hands down I enjoyed the lift and performance of the X hull but pulling the seats forward to get in the rear compartments , livewell lids blowing open , cooler lid issues its to outdated. The xrs gets a bad wrap cause guys run poles, big graphs,heavy tm, and people still remember the days of the 225,280,300x days with no poles, small graphs, light trolling motors running big numbers.
    The xrs has a little better ride imo , much better fishing platform I love the 3 coolers ,day box, and seats. As far as speed I spent little time and not to much $$ I run 84 with two my best solo run is 87 light , I do not have poles and only run 2 12" graphs.
    Load up a 21xrd poles,a pile of graphs, 36 ultrex put a 250 on it tell me how much better it is than a xrs.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    I'm bias because all I've owned are 2 21XDC's and my 2016 21RDC w300XS, never been in a XRS, but it woud be hard to get me out of an X boat

7. Member
    My dream boat (literally) is an RDC with a 300r. If not I guess I’d do a 21XRD. I know a lot like the XRS but I’m a traditionalist…and the X boats do it for me. If I ever get into a position where I can do it, I’d like to order new from the factory and make it exactly how I want it. Seems like good used ones are becoming harder and harder to find. No poles, no heavy graphs, TN mounted troller.
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

8. Member
    I have a 21 SDC 300r (same hull as XRS). Ride and deck layout are awesome. Top speed so far 92.1, 3/4 fuel on main tank and full saddle tank in limiter with 32 Bravo, same load but with two people 85/86. I am sure the X boat is faster but 92 in limiter is plenty fast for me. I can cruise at 80-83 and boat is smooth as silk and motor isn’t working all that hard. Love it.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    I do like the SDC too!
    Wakinvol
    I used to be cool

10. Member
    Xrd all day every day

I owned both-XRD definately!