Scraps

Console In-Dash or Shroud Mount

Debating what to do next. Picked up a new Carbon 12 on deal at Cabela's. Have two HDS 9 Gen 3s. Not sure where this 12 is gonna go, and may just pick up a second and do away with the two 9s I have. Will also be getting a Ghost so maybe that sez I'll definitely mount the 12 up front. For the console, I like the idea of the in-dash mount cuzz it eliminates the claptrap of the additional mount and looks cleaner. But, I worry about the view to the unit with the steering wheel in the way. Other idea I have is to dual mount the two 9s at the console, and put the 12 up front if I don't buy another 12.

If I don't do an in-dash mount, is the shelf mount new dash worth the money? If I was to order again, I would definitely go with the shroud with the shelf for mounting the units. Think that is the best way compared to cantilevering off of the stock shroud.

Tell me what to do.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

With the shroud mount you can angle the graph so the reflection is not terrible vs the in dash angle that always seemed to catch the sun.

I have no problem with my in dash carbon 12.
    Im probably in the minority, but I really like it actually, no extra brackets and mounts to worry about.

Seems like everyone I know that flush mounts a graph on a Phoenix ends up having it rip out from the dash. You only get about 1/4” of bite between the hole the graph sits in and the bolts the flush mount uses. After a year or 2 the dash will get weaker or even faster if you fish rough water a lot. Then you have to replace it with either a new dash or an aftermarket mount. I’d go bbt single or dual mount for it. Puts the graph just above the top of the wheel so you don’t have to look around the wheel to see the screen.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. Member
    IMG_20220128_124416449.jpg
    Str8t up mounts dash mount...super strong
    TrackerUser

6. Member
    TrackerUser

7. Scraps
    OK, gonna use a mount at the console. I'm surprised I haven't seen guys talk about the entire console pulling off the fiberglass. Especially with a dual mount, those screws around the shroud are the only thing holding the dash assembly on the boat. Even my five year old boat those screw holes are worn from getting in there to drain the water pump and mess with the wiring.

https://www.str8upmounts.com/product...ine-dash-mount

These look beefy. Right now I have one 9 on a Dek-It at the console and it vibrates a little much IMO.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    OK, gonna use a mount at the console. I'm surprised I haven't seen guys talk about the entire console pulling off the fiberglass. Especially with a dual mount, those screws around the shroud are the only thing holding the dash assembly on the boat. Even my five year old boat those screw holes are worn from getting in there to drain the water pump and mess with the wiring.

https://www.str8upmounts.com/product...ine-dash-mount

These look beefy. Right now I have one 9 on a Dek-It at the console and it vibrates a little much IMO.
    Seen a number of people epoxy little pieces of starboard or cutting board material where the screws go in and pre drill it for the screws. Gives it more to bite on.
    Fish have fins, they swim

9. Member
    i use the str8t up mount,u are getting..i used a 1/2 inch cutting board from walmart to cover the hole..i used a 1/4 inch aluminum backing plate.its on the inside of hole..bolt all together like a sandwich ..the shroud will be inbetween the cutting board and aluminum plate...if u have any questions message me
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 03-22-2022 at 11:37 AM.
    TrackerUser

10. Member
    IMG_20220118_142537958.jpg

Outside piece. 1/2 cutting board
    TrackerUser

11. Member
    IMG_20220118_142509097.jpg

Inside 1/4 aluminum plate
    TrackerUser

12. Member
    TrackerUser

13. Member
    I chose to mount my unit at the dash on a bracket vs in dash. The problem I have is trying to read a map under power because of the vibration from the dash wind hitting the unit. Still like it better but wish there was a solution to how much it moves.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    I chose to mount my unit at the dash on a bracket vs in dash. The problem I have is trying to read a map under power because of the vibration from the dash wind hitting the unit. Still like it better but wish there was a solution to how much it moves.
    Get a BBT gimble bracket
    TrackerUser