Recommended Okeechobee Guides

Hey fella's,

We are coming to Florida the weekend of June 17th and looking for a reputable guide
    for June 18th, 2022. We will probably be staying in the Port St. Luci area for the week.

Okeechobee is on mine and my Son's bucket list. I am not going to be towing the boat down.
    If anyone could recommend a reputable guide it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Bennie

__________________________________________________ __________________

2. Member
    Cody Davis Tight Splice Charters, check out his youtube channel. Loves any kind of fishing.

Shiners or artificial?

4. Member
    Call Bryan Honnerlaw with Lake Okeechobee Outdoors, has more experience than most on the lake. You can find his fishing page on Facebook.

5. Member
    Justin Jones as well check him out on facebook. Can hook you up on a Peacock trip as well. 772-475-1992
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
    Cody Davis Tight Splice Charters, check out his youtube channel. Loves any kind of fishing.
    This would be my recommendation as well. Or Tom Mann out of Roland Martin marine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Bennie View Post
    Hey fella's,

We are coming to Florida the weekend of June 17th and looking for a reputable guide
    for June 18th, 2022. We will probably be staying in the Port St. Luci area for the week.

Okeechobee is on mine and my Son's bucket list. I am not going to be towing the boat down.
    If anyone could recommend a reputable guide it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Bennie
    if you want the best for shiners or artifical do yourself a favor and call Bass on line and ask for Mark Shepard.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

8. Member
    Cody Davis. Tight Splice Charters. Youtube him.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    Shiners or artificial?
    artificial

artificial
    Chad Van Slyke https://www.cvsfishing.com/

11. Member
    Thank you for your input fella's

12. Member
    Okay, We came down on the 17th of June and fished on Saturday the 18th with Mr. Tom Mann Jr. He did not disappoint.
    The morning started off with a beautiful sunrise idling past the boats on the lake for a tournament. Beautiful way to start the day.

We stopped to fish, it was very calm with no breeze, a slight breeze picked up about 30 minutes and the bite was on. We were in
    an area with several of the tournament boats showing up. We appeared to be the only boat catching. Mr. Mann was excellent. There were
    three of us. My Son and his wife and myself along with Mr. Mann(So, really four, Mr. Mann did not fish at first) My Son and I are experienced fishermen.
    We were catching fish in spurts. The slight breeze stopped and so did the bites. Around 8 am when the breeze stopped the heat and humidity started
    climbing.

Being from Texas we did not mind it. We all noted how the fish would fight like they were 8-10 lbers. These fish were strong and fun to catch.
    about 8:45am the breeze picked up and the bite started again for about 30-40 minutes, then it got dead calm, about 9:45am it started getting down right
    hot. Mr. Mann and I had talked about this prior to coming down. I wanted to book a full day and he warned that if the wind stops it will get unbearable. so,
    we left the length of the trip open.

Since the wind stopped and it wasn't even 10am yet. Mr. Mann picked up a rod and started trying different things. He figured
    something out and handed the pole to my daughter-in-law while my son and I stayed with the original pattern. Unfortunately for her she wasn't able to keep the fish
    buttoned up to get them in the boat. At about 10:15am we moved to one last spot where I had hooked and boated the biggest of the day. It was about 5-6 lbs and fought
    harder than any bass I had caught. Keep in mind, I fish Lake Fork and other great lakes here in Texas. The pure Florida strain are extremely fun.

At about 10:45am, It was getting extremely hot. We decided to call it a day and head in. Okeechobee was everything I had imagined and will definitely be back.
    We were really happy with Mr. Mann and will no doubt book him again. The day was mixed with a lot of laughs and the normal banter between my son and I. Mr. Mann
    and my daughter-in-law was also part of the laughter.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Some of the suggestions never responded. I highly recommend Mr. Tom Mann Jr.

Thanks again,

Bennie
    Last edited by Ranger_Bennie; 07-03-2022 at 12:12 PM.

13. Member
    Okay, We came down on the 17th of June and fished on Saturday the 18th with Mr. Tom Mann Jr. He did not disappoint.
    The morning started off with a beautiful sunrise idling past the boats on the lake for a tournament. Beautiful way to start the day.

We stopped to fish, it was very calm with no breeze, a slight breeze picked up about 30 minutes and the bite was on. We were in
    an area with several of the tournament boats showing up. We appeared to be the only boat catching. Mr. Mann was excellent. There were
    three of us. My Son and his wife and myself along with Mr. Mann(So, really four, Mr. Mann did not fish at first) My Son and I are experienced fishermen.
    We were catching fish in spurts. The slight breeze stopped and so did the bites. Around 8 am when the breeze stopped the heat and humidity started
    climbing.

Being from Texas we did not mind it. We all noted how the fish would fight like they were 8-10 lbers. These fish were strong and fun to catch.
    about 8:45am the breeze picked up and the bite started again for about 30-40 minutes, then it got dead calm, about 9:45am it started getting down right
    hot. Mr. Mann and I had talked about this prior to coming down. I wanted to book a full day and he warned that if the wind stops it will get unbearable. so,
    we left the length of the trip open.

Since the wind stopped and it wasn't even 10am yet. Mr. Mann picked up a rod and started trying different things. He figured
    something out and handed the pole to my daughter-in-law while my son and I stayed with the original pattern. Unfortunately for her she wasn't able to keep the fish
    buttoned up to get them in the boat. At about 10:15am we moved to one last spot where I had hooked and boated the biggest of the day. It was about 5-6 lbs and fought
    harder than any bass I had caught. Keep in mind, I fish Lake Fork and other great lakes here in Texas. The pure Florida strain are extremely fun.

At about 10:45am, It was getting extremely hot. We decided to call it a day and head in. Okeechobee was everything I had imagined and will definitely be back.
    We were really happy with Mr. Mann and will no doubt book him again. The day was mixed with a lot of laughs and the normal banter between my son and I. Mr. Mann
    and my daughter-in-law was also part of the laughter.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Some of the suggestions never responded. I highly recommend Mr. Tom Mann Jr.

Thanks again,

Bennie
    That's good of you for letting us know how it went.