Adding a 2nd point one...... should I?

I just purchased a new Ranger Z520r. The boat came pre-rigged with a Live 12 at the console, and a Live 12 at the bow. I have added 2 additional 12's...... one at the console and the other at the bow. Ranger has my point 1 installed at the rear of the boat. So, should I add another point 1 up by the trolling motor, for more accurate positioning when I'm up front? Wouldn't the point one that is already mounted in the rear be off by 20 feet when I looking at my position from a graph up at the TM????
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

2. Member
    No need to do that. Use the Point 1 for direction and the internal antenna on your front unit as position. Works great that way.

3. Member
    Use only one Point-1. Use the Point-1 for GPS and heading for the console units, and use your bow HDS LIVE internal antenna for GPS at the bow (set GPS source data from "this unit" not Auto or Point-1) and use the Point-1 for Heading at the bow just like console. Then your waypoints are accurate from either location, and no matter which unit was used to save them. More details are in this article:

https://storage.westernbass.com/mag_...ge6/index.html
    ciao,
    Marc

Thank you for the explanation
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"