St Lawrence River waking up from winter

I was reading my Thousand Islands Sun while watching the snow coming down outside showing that winter has not giving up yet.
    However, on a Spring note, the Seaway Authority has announced that the commercial shipping season will open on Tuesday March 22, which is going to get any residual ice out of all the bays getting backwaters warming up.
    On waking up the A Bay/Clayton town areas, Boldt Castle and Boat House will be opening May 7, as well as the boat museum in Clayton for the season, and all the hotels are looking to hire.
    Let hope that by the grace of Christ, we have a great season up there, and now that the Canadian border is opened, there should be enough room for everyone with that many more places to fish,

Tight lines to y'all.

2. Member
    BTW, local news announced that Canada will allow us in now with proof of full vaccination and proper paperwork - passport or enhanced license.
    So, get prepared and OPP or CBP will not give you a hard time or worse. I hear the those Canadian jail serve only Canadian bacon not real bacon.

3. Member
    First ship up for the yr with many more to come making some big rollers to bounce us around while fishing or going to another fishing hole.

She doesn't let a little ice bother her one bit.
    IMG_20220405_105539985.jpg

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    thanks for the update

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    BTW, local news announced that Canada will allow us in now with proof of full vaccination and proper paperwork - passport or enhanced license.
    So, get prepared and OPP or CBP will not give you a hard time or worse. I hear the those Canadian jail serve only Canadian bacon not real bacon.
    Actually, for breakfast it's Canadian bacon, maple syrup and Poutine.....you'll live forever on that diet...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    Actually, for breakfast it's Canadian bacon, maple syrup and Poutine.....you'll live forever on that diet...
    Remember what Conan the Barbarian said 'Do you want to live for ever?' Though, with that diet anyone's heart will explode.

I believe that I may have had a bowl of Poutine at the Glen House back in the mid nineties when I used to stay there while fishing the Canadian side and visiting friends.