Modified my BBT to a dual bow mount for my RT.

I've had the 4" angled bow mount from Bass Boat Technologies on my RT188 for years now. I really wanted two graphs up front, but either I didn't like what I found, or what I found didn't fit my boat. I was in the shop one day and a small piece of square aluminum tubing caught my eye. Now, I've always been a bit of a function over form guy, so I made a quick run to the metal store to get a bigger piece. I started with an 18" piece of raw tubing. Held the BBT mount to the bottom, marked and drilled all holes. Then a graph mount to the front and on top, marked and drilled all holes. Cut the tubing down to 14 1/2 in the back and 12 1/2 in the front to match the mount. Then made a hardware run.

All-in I'm about $50 in parts. The hardware was more expensive than the tubing in the end. It turned out better than I thought it would, it's beefy as hell, moves no more than the single unit did and still allows me to fully adjust both my graphs! (I fish in the rain a ton up here and like to tilt my graphs down so water runs off the screens better) It sits lower than the Ghost when stowed, so easy to see over. Haven't had it on the water yet but I can't wait for the experience!

Still have some cable management to adjust, but my foot fits under easily for pedal operation. I upgraded to 5/8 inch bolts, larger washers and nyloc nuts on the BBT. I can see all programable buttons when looking straight down and the speed adjuster from the side easily enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Looks good! I have the same mount and will keep this in mind if i add another graph

Good Job 8. Very clever

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Thanks!

Great idea!
    RT188, 115 ProXS

6. Member
    Great idea, I have been searching on how I was going to add the carbon 12 I just got, and believe I will copy your idea. Thanks for sharing.

7. Member
    IMG_4448.jpgIMG_4449.jpgIMG_4450.jpg8theB8 Thanks again for the idea

8. Banned
    Nice job!

Great stuff !!!

10. Member
    Looks good! There isn't many good options for the pre 2020 198p's up front.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

11. Member
    That's awesome gray7340! Glad it worked out for ya! I used the plastic end caps as well.