Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Conceal carry. Am I only one?

So my existing permit was expiring, so 30 days in advance I go in and pay renewal fee and told should take 3 weeks for new one to arrive. Well 2 months later, no new permit and of course old expired. Called sheriff dept and told everything was approved just wait for the state hq to mail IT to them. .. smh. Guess i not legal at the moment to carry. Idk.

That stinks, do you guys have constitutional carry? Texas has been pretty quick from everyone I have heard from that renewed theirs.

I'm sure it's fine. Carry away.

While it might be different from state to state, when I went to get mine renewed after letting it lapse, I was told that they had 30 days to give it or deny it. When I went in on the 30th or 31st day, the volunteer clerk at my city PD said I couldn't have it yet, because they hadn't heard back from the FIB (sic). The real clerk elbowed her out of the way and said "30 days is all we get. Here you go." On the one hand, I'm glad I could get it, but I'm also PO'd that the FIB can't be bothered to do their job. Instead, they're doing stuff they shouldn't be doing.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

I go to our courthouse and renew. They snap a quick pic and hand me my CC right there on the spot. Takes five minutes.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 03-11-2022 at 09:22 PM.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Where I live in Massghanistan we are allowed to carry even if the permit has expired if the renewal and check had been mailed. My police chief has told us this over the years at our renewal.
    Last edited by jayfaro; 03-11-2022 at 06:57 PM.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

6. Member
    My last renewal took a couple weeks. (2019, I'm in NC too). I always do my renewal several months early. Our Sheriff encourages renewals at least 60 days in advance. The expiration date stays the same. I've heard of some NC Sheriffs playing games with concealed carry and purchase permits. IIRC Grass Roots NC brought suits against a couple Sheriffs due to delaying permits. I don't remember which counties. Many things these days are delayed by staffing issues. IF (big if) you're Sheriff is 2A friendly he'll probably write you a temporary permit so you're legal until yours arrives.

You can open carry in N.C.

8. Member
    I have sit and talked to different people since I gotten mine, about guns, range time and such. Some have pulled their Concealed Carry License out, to find them expired.
    Mine expires in 2027, after 7 years. Hope I remember near expiration time, and I have it renewed if needed.

9. Banned
    This can be linked up with the daylight savings time reminders..... change clocks,replace smoke detectors batteries and check expiration of CC permits........

10. Member
    Sounds like Illinois.........................

11. Member
    I paid (I think) about $200 to get mine in tn. Then they came out with lifetime for about $400 (I think), so wallet lighter but I'm good.

12. Member
    In Alabama you can pay for 1 to 5 years online for renewals and have the permit mailed to you. Or you can appear at the Sheriff's office in person and get a renewal in 10-20 minutes. Either way you have to renew in person once every five years to get a current photo on the permit.

Of course you do not have to have a permit unless you want one since Alabama just became a Constitutional Carry state.

I keep one for reciprocal state usuage.

Annual renewal in my county is $20.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

13. Member
    Got mine today, took all of 5 minutes.

I paid $20.00 for a lifetime carry permit in Indiana 5 years ago. I don’t even carry but I’m an AMERICAN, so there you go

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    Where I live in Massghanistan we are allowed to carry even if the permit has expired if the renewal and check had been mailed. My police chief has told us this over the years at our renewal.

Yep, which is good because they can be so freaking slow. I usually do mine 6 months in advance and i have had it take so long my permit expired as well as had the new one quite quickly. Last time they only took 4 weeks. I was shocked.....
    Last edited by jb882; 03-11-2022 at 09:15 PM.

16. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Yep, which is good because they can be so freaking slow. I usually do mine 6 months in advance and i have had it take so long my permit expired as well as had the new one quite quickly. Last time they only took 4 weeks. I was shocked.....
    I had to renew in the middle of covid. Chief said you’re good to keep carrying. LOL I think it was more than 6 months and I reapplied in December for a March date
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

There are going to be exactly 50 different answers to this question since the law in each state varies so much.

18. Banned
    I'm lucky to live in a state where I don't need to pay or have anything to carry!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    I'm lucky to live in a state where I don't need to pay or have anything to carry!
    Amend Brother.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    There are going to be exactly 50 different answers to this question since the law in each state varies so much.
    And there is the problem......... 50 sets of SOBs deciding they have a right to tell you what you can and
    can not do......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast