Cayuga lake ice report

Anyone in there are and know if the ice is completely melted yet? Was looking at taking my kayak up there next week.

2. Member
    Well people were out ice fishing cayuga 5 days ago so I’m going out on a whim and saying it’s no where’s near open. Most places out this way still have safe,fishable ice as long as the shorelines aren’t crap. Its safe to say we still have about 2-4 weeks before most lakes become ice free. even longer depending on elevation and ice thickness.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Drove by there yesterday and the lake is pretty much wide open. The launch at Union Spings is open and there's no ice until the extreme north end (south of the tracks). The area north of the tracks is open too. There were a handful of boats out perchin' ECobb's right, most lakes are iced up but the big south winds tore up the ice here.

4. Member
    Things definitely change quickly in the spring. With this wind I think most of the ice is crap now. Onondaga was wide open with whitecaps today when we drive past it on the thruway
    1995 Ranger 481v

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Things definitely change quickly in the spring. With this wind I think most of the ice is crap now. Onondaga was wide open with whitecaps today when we drive past it on the thruway
    wow drove past daga last saturday was completely iced over except for 200 yards of South end

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    wow drove past daga last saturday was completely iced over except for 200 yards of South end
    just wanted to give you an update on Onondaga cause I know you fish it quite often, we drove by yesterday and there were two bass boats out on the lake. It’s good to go now
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    just wanted to give you an update on Onondaga cause I know you fish it quite often, we drove by yesterday and there were two bass boats out on the lake. It’s good to go now
    yes sir knew 1 of them lol

Anyone know if Cayuga has completely melted yet?

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
    Anyone know if Cayuga has completely melted yet?
    know mid lake and north end are clear yes I believe whole lake is but cant testify to Ithaca end

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    know mid lake and north end are clear yes I believe whole lake is but cant testify to Ithaca end
    Thanks.

I typically put in at Deans Cove and fish the North end anyways. Hoping to get out in the next few weeks.