Skeeterzx190

St Lawrence River Fishing spots

Hey guys. Planning a trip for the St Lawrence River June 24-July 1. Based out of Cape Vincent but will be pulling boat out of water every evening so can easily trailer it a bit and put in upstream. Can fish for Smallies on Canada side at this time, but ban do LMB and on US side can do both SMB and LMB. Have any suggestions for areas to hit? First time up there. Thanks

2. Member
    If you are out of the Cape, you can find great fishing to the South East of you in Chaumont Bay, Fox island Mud bay area by lunching at the lunch at Point Peninsula or Chaumont.
    Going down river toward Clayton/ A Bay, you can pick any lunch and have a good fishing spot within a couple of miles from you.
    BTW, if you lunch out of Fishers Landing, you would be in the middle of 2 towns with good spots in either direction.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterzx19 View Post
    Hey guys. Planning a trip for the St Lawrence River June 24-July 1. Based out of Cape Vincent but will be pulling boat out of water every evening so can easily trailer it a bit and put in upstream. Can fish for Smallies on Canada side at this time, but ban do LMB and on US side can do both SMB and LMB. Have any suggestions for areas to hit? First time up there. Thanks
    Welcome to The St. Lawrence. However dont think its like you see on Bassmasters. The river will humble you fast. IT certinly can be but it takes some time to catch those 20 to 25 plus pound bags. Dont get discouraged

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Welcome to The St. Lawrence. However dont think its like you see on Bassmasters. The river will humble you fast. IT certinly can be but it takes some time to catch those 20 to 25 plus pound bags. Dont get discouraged
    How true, how true. St Lawrence is a harsh teacher, and it will serve you alot of humble pie before it will show you the love. However, once you fall for The River, you will not love anything as much again.

It has been 48 yrs with this season coming, if the good Lord blesses me with the days and bass on the line.
    My first wife, God rest her soul, invited me up fishing at her grandpa's cottage one summer, and it has been my summers ever since. She is gone, but I still have The River to remember and thank her by.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    How true, how true. St Lawrence is a harsh teacher, and it will serve you alot of humble pie before it will show you the love. However, once you fall for The River, you will not love anything as much again.

It has been 48 yrs with this season coming, if the good Lord blesses me with the days and bass on the line.
    My first wife, God rest her soul, invited me up fishing at her grandpa's cottage one summer, and it has been my summers ever since. She is gone, but I still have The River to remember and thank her by.
    sorry for your loss

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    sorry for your loss
    Thank you much, though we were divorced for yrs, still managed to stay close, since her brothers all fished out of Mil's in Clayton, that my friend Alan Bellavia owns, and I set them up every yr for their fishing week.