Lake of The Ozarks

Hi all, Is Lake of The Ozarks any good for bass fishing towards the end of March? My buddy and I have a planned trip to Texas, but with the gas prices the way they are we're thinking we might shorten our travels. Any info would be greatly appreciated! PM me if you want. Thanks much!

2. Member
    LOZ can be a tough bite in March and early April. Yes you can catch some really nice ones but it rough on some outings. What part of the lake are you thinking?

3. Member
    Actually don't know. We don't know anything about the lake so everything would be new to us. Just trying to get ideas on where to go and what to do so we can still get out at the end of the month.

If it was me I would be up the lake towards Truman in late march
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

5. Member
    It has been taking a 20 plus bag to win a tournament all winter. We see a lot of boats up the Gravois Arm. Thats where the MLF Toyota series was one last week.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    It has been taking a 20 plus bag to win a tournament all winter. We see a lot of boats up the Gravois Arm. Thats where the MLF Toyota series was one last week.
    Exactly what I was thinking. 3 days at LOZ took more weight than the Bassmaster classic in South Carolina!

7. Banned
    You must be reading that on the internet because I know its too cold for you to move away from that kitchen table!! Ha ha

8. Member
    Think about it. Madison Wi to Lake fork is 956 miles x2 (1912 miles) round trip and LOZ is just about half @ 486 mi x2. If you get 10 miles per gallon (and I'll bet you get more) that translates to 191 gallons Lake Fork vs 97 gallons LOZ. If you planned Tx when gas was $3.25 ($620) and by your trip it's $4.50 ($859) = $239 more which you split with your buddy. Go where you planed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    You must be reading that on the internet because I know its too cold for you to move away from that kitchen table!! Ha ha
    Damn right, I was in Scottsdale! I haven't seen that 190 running up the Gravois either.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

10. Banned
    Damn right, I was in Scottsdale! I haven't seen that 190 running up the Gravois either.
    You'll see it on the 25th and 26th. Have a tournament taking out of Coffman on Saturday