Ramps at Chickamauga

We will be coming to the Chick the middle of June for three days. Was there last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Will be staying near Dayton and launching at Dayton boat ramp the first day. Would like to fish the Harrison bay area one day but with the price of fuel, want to trailer to a good ramp near that area. Can anyone give me some good recommendations on launching ramps near there.

Wolftever Creek and Harrison Bay State Park both have adequate ramps. I usually launch at the SP because of the bathrooms facilities and restaurant.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    There is a ramp inside Harrison Bay State Park. It's one of the best on the south end of Chick.
    Also, just across the road is Wolftiever.
    Both are good choices.
    By vehicle from Dayton, come down Hwy. 60 (toward Cleveland, TN) until you get to Hwy. 58, turn right on Hwy. 58 toward Chattanooga. When you see the sign for Harrison Bay State Park on your right, a few feet ahead, Wolftiever is on your left.
    If here 3 days, good up to Watts Bar for a day, much less crowded.
    Enjoy your stay.

4. Member
    How is the bass fishing on that area of the lake in June. We have only been to the Chick once and fished on the Dayton end. Did pretty good with frog in grass.

5. Member
    I haven't been to Chick in a few weeks, but, due to the rain and TVA trying to keep it at winter pool, the current has been ripping, which isn't good for grass growth.
    Typically the further down you go toward the dam, the more pleasure boat traffic there is.
    With gas moving quickly to $5.00+ a gallon, that may not be quite the problem of years past.

6. Member
    Fishing should be good in June. The best Fishing will be offshore structure.

7. Member
    For chickamauga what is usually the best month for shallow top water type fishing?

8. Member
    October

Fish at night,you won't regret it
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

10. Banned
    I live near Harrison Bay. I use Harrison Bay State Park ramp. However, once school is out the place quickly becomes a zoo and is dangerous. Loads of people that should not be operating a watercraft. There are ramps at Harrison Bay State Park, Wolftever Creek, Booker T. Washington and Chester Frost. All pretty much in the Harrison Bay area. Not to mention access at private marinas. At this time I choose to drive 45 minutes to Grasshopper Creek in Birchwood, Tn. Be careful out there.