Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New societal norm?

A polite honk at the vehicle in front at the red light…staring at their phone.

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I'm with you, Dean, for what good it would do...

Any person screwing with their phone in any sort of traffic (even while stopped at a light) has already decided it's all about them.
    Who controls John Gill?

3. Member
    I wish they would sound a siren bout 2-3 seconds before the light turns green so the cars in front of me can be alerted to put their phones down and be ready for when it turns green.

4. Member
    Many on their phone at a stoplight are used to waiting for the car behind them to honk before they go. Couple years ago, in the summer, I was in the right lane next to a pickup truck, third in line at a stoplight. Truck honked, think he was honking to his buddy going the other way. Young girl directly in front of him, as many do, accelerates hard right into the car in front of her. I pulled over and gave the police my theory, officer said that actually happened fairly often.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post

Depends, Your 20 reads "Texas"? If memory serves there was a typer from Texas who had an issue w/a LOUD HORN, do those count in Your query?

6. Member
    It is what happens around here all the time. What really sets some people off is when the phoner give the middle finger to the honker. Those usually don't end well at the next stop light when both are stopped again. I give a little longer when honking but it is becoming more and more prevalent.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    It is what happens around here all the time. What really sets some people off is when the phoner give the middle finger to the honker. Those usually don't end well at the next stop light when both are stopped again. I give a little longer when honking but it is becoming more and more prevalent.
    Give him the horn longer

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Depends, Your 20 reads "Texas"? If memory serves there was a typer from Texas who had an issue w/a LOUD HORN, do those count in Your query?
    I said…polite there loose stool!

Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    I wish they would sound a siren bout 2-3 seconds before the light turns green so the cars in front of me can be alerted to put their phones down and be ready for when it turns green.

There should be a timer count down like they have when a pedestrian is crossing.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    I have no problem with it. Now, if someone in front of the person in front of me isn't taking off, or isn't taking a right on red when the coast is clear, I will honk as well. The last time I did that, the idiot in front of me thought I was honking at HER and yelled out her window at me.

11. Banned
    I use to catch at the red light beside me engrossed in their phone and pop the clutch suddenly and stop they would all but punch it then I figured out it was way to unsafe to do that

12. Member
    It might be a good thing in the northeast that they don't go right away, you have to wait for 3 or 4 cars running the red light going the other way. i don't beep, i just wait. i'm not in a big hurry to go anywhere,

Train horn.........
    2005 2200 Gambler 2005 Merc 250 Racing XS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I have no problem with it. Now, if someone in front of the person in front of me isn't taking off, or isn't taking a right on red when the coast is clear, I will honk as well. The last time I did that, the idiot in front of me thought I was honking at HER and yelled out her window at me.
    Same here. For some reason Seattlites are allergic to using their horns (more passive aggressive than aggressive lol) and if I don't honk 2-3 cars back nobody will.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Same here. For some reason Seattlites are allergic to using their horns (more passive aggressive than aggressive lol) and if I don't honk 2-3 cars back nobody will.
    They need to learn the difference between laying on it..and a polite bump.

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Drives me nuts when I have to honk when it’s obvious they are staring at their phones.

Dale Sinclair original

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman051 View Post
    Train horn.........

18. Member
    I do not honk. I just put my head out the window and cuss them loudly.

19. Member
    I had to honk at a driver in front of me today at a red light that turned green. I waited at least 30 seconds before honking. The driver was on her phone and gave me a real dirty look when I beeped to wake her up from her phone coma.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

20. Member
    in some cities honking for someone at a red light might get you shot.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast