Converting grill from propane to natural gas

I am relatively handy, but don't like to mess around with gas or extensive electric. House I am buying has a natural gas line for grill outside, but my webber is propane. Can the webber be converted easily to natural gas? Is it easy enough to do or recommended hiring a professional?

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    I am relatively handy, but don't like to mess around with gas or extensive electric. House I am buying has a natural gas line for grill outside, but my webber is propane. Can the webber be converted easily to natural gas? Is it easy enough to do or recommended hiring a professional?
    Yes. Find the model number of your Weber and purchase the appropriate valve conversion kit. R & R the old one, hook up the gas line and goop up the connections with dish soap. Turn on the gas. If you see bubbles.... RUN!!

JK... simply fix that connection.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Just need to change the orifices and regulator. I did the opposite. Converted my Weber from NG to LP. Man I miss my gas port on the back porch

http://www.grill-parts.net/2018/conv...ls-after-2010/

FYI - Weber will not sell the parts to do the conversion, but they are readily available thru third-party sites.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

4. Member
    Or buy a new grill for the new house.

You can convert the weber .. can also drill out the orifice instead of buying if you have the drill bits . May also be able to adjust regulator . Some are adjustable , or you just flip a plunger that bottoms out the spring for propane . I can give you drill size if you give me the BTU rating on grill .

6. Member
    I love my grill.
    Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    Or buy a new grill for the new house.

7. Member
    Can you also convert a NG grill to propane? The house has a NH gril, but nearly as nice as mine. Was going to pass it on to a buddy, but he doesn't have NG hookup.

8. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    The differences for NG or propane mostly are the size of the gas outlets. You can change the to suit your situations.

9. Member
    Booom!!!

A lot of the grills you just take the propane orifice out and the NG orifice is in there behind it
    GO DAWGS

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    You can convert the weber .. can also drill out the orifice instead of buying if you have the drill bits.
    This is what I did. Most are shipped for use with LP. Find a manual for the grill model on line and it will (should) provide the orifice size or P/N for the orifice needed to convert to NG. Easy

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five1Niner View Post
    This is what I did. Most are shipped for use with LP. Find a manual for the grill model on line and it will (should) provide the orifice size or P/N for the orifice needed to convert to NG. Easy
    I did the same. Easily done.

13. Member
    Not sure of the age of your Weber. As a hobby, I restore the older genesis models (1990-2005). Weber does not sell conversion kits any more for these as they do not want people messing around with them. The best, safest, and most reliable method on these older ones is to replace the manifold which will include the valves and orifices. The valves are matched to the orifices for the type of gas. It is an easy swap and not expensive if you are familiar with the grills. Weber and many other bbq parts retailers still support these old grills for parts. I am not sure about the method for the newer grills.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

14. Member
    You are a fisherman-----they all have a lot of money ! Just buy a different house--one with the right hookup !!!!!!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Not sure of the age of your Weber. As a hobby, I restore the older genesis models (1990-2005). Weber does not sell conversion kits any more for these as they do not want people messing around with them. The best, safest, and most reliable method on these older ones is to replace the manifold which will include the valves and orifices. The valves are matched to the orifices for the type of gas. It is an easy swap and not expensive if you are familiar with the grills. Weber and many other bbq parts retailers still support these old grills for parts. I am not sure about the method for the newer grills.
    This.

When I sold at home depot we would get guys wanting to know how to re rig a propane to natural. If they have to ask a stranger in a home depot they shouldn't be tackling the project and therefore we had no means to sell them the parts. There is a time and place for having a gas furnace technician get involved and stove hookup is one. I built industrial furnaces years back and did a lot of piping for gas. When I switch my 220 electric oven to gas in a few months I am getting a licensed gas contractor to do the job. I waited on a young woman at my present job at Lowes whose uncle had the appliance delivery guy hook up his dryer. The uncle died when the gas leaked and exploded his home.