Thread: Alumacraft?

Alumacraft?

Have Alumacraft stopped making bass boats? Can't see any on the website. Bit of a shame as they were starting to make some really well thought out ones.

2. Member
    seems like i remember the evinrude deal a few years ago take out part of alumacraft. not positive, but i think they shut down the plant here in arkansas that built bass boats

3. Member
    Yes, they (BRP)closed the Ark. facility in Sept. of 2020, moved production to Minn and could not build the models Arkansas built, so they have ceased those welded models including the bass/bay/utility and riveted Jon boats, only focused on riveted Deep Vee models. you can PM me for more info if you'd like as I was the Sales Manager and Product Manger in AR prior to the closure.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincaugh1 View Post
    Yes, they (BRP)closed the Ark. facility in Sept. of 2020, moved production to Minn and could not build the models Arkansas built, so they have ceased those welded models including the bass/bay/utility and riveted Jon boats, only focused on riveted Deep Vee models. you can PM me for more info if you'd like as I was the Sales Manager and Product Manger in AR prior to the closure.
    This. I would say you will see them again but they’ve been going through (maybe a little self inflicted) some growing pains. When they closed the Arkansas plant they expected to be able to build the all welds at the main plant here in MN and that hasn’t been worked through yet between toolings, supply chains, and the same skilled labor/high demand everyone else is dealing with. I don’t think the product line is dead, but on pause more like.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

5. Member
    its dead, you cant replicate 100's of combine years of welding and building experience from the builders in AR to zero experience in MN, But BRP being bull headed and think they know more than anyone else will try again possibly and fail. Look what they put out this year (before axing the line) in the "New Pro 185" all they did was go back 3 years and replicate that look and add one additional storage box. Besides the fact that no one in MN understands the welded product or the true customer of those boats.

6. Member
    its dead, you cant replicate 100's of combine years of welding and building experience from the builders in AR to zero experience in MN, But BRP being bull headed and think they know more than anyone else will try again possibly and fail. Look what they put out this year (before axing the line) in the "New Pro 185" all they did was go back 3 years and replicate that look and add one additional storage box. Besides the fact that no one in MN understands the welded product or the true customer of those boats.
    i'm sure wages for skilled welders is probably much higher up north than they are here in arkansas

7. Member
    Not the case, wages were one of the highest in the area if not the highest, all AR employees found this out when they had to look for new jobs. This is and was a decision from BRP who doesn't have a clue on what to do with the boat companies they bought just to keep up with Polaris and to add to the portfolio. They thought "welding was welding" and found out quick that the welders the brought in up there were not anywhere close to what they had in AR and they all quit besides that. The company itself has major issues because of BRP's involvement and trying to run this and operate it like the powersports division.

8. Member
    Real shame. I was looking at this video and thought it looked one of the best 17ft tin boats available. Really well thought out, and I love the way the rod box has two big tubes, plus gaskets on the boxes and folding cleats. Not revolutionary, but not cheaped out like most tin rigs.

9. Member
    Pe Wee or Paul? Sorry to hear about closure. Made some very good boats back in the day of the Invader series. But we will not speak of the Bay Invader by Jim Hill.
    Last edited by texoma; 04-04-2022 at 03:14 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Real shame. I was looking at this video and thought it looked one of the best 17ft tin boats available. Really well thought out, and I love the way the rod box has two big tubes, plus gaskets on the boxes and folding cleats. Not revolutionary, but not cheaped out like most tin rigs.

Agree, I was getting real close to ordering one from a dealer in Memphis but then I started hearing all the rumbling about BRP/Evinrude pulling the plug on their motor production and I got nervous. Sounds like Lincaugh knows the whole story.

11. Member
    I took over after PeeWee and Paul left, way before the buyout, great people!! miss working with them. we wont talk about Jim!! :)

12. Member
    They are, well, WERE, a tough bloody boat before the move. IMOP welding is an ART and requires a true CRAFTSMAN to do it correctly. Yes, a kid straight out of welding school who is qualified on Al can build an aluminum boat, but, do you want to run it? ......i sure don't.