Thread: Rodman Report

Rodman Report

Spent time on Rodman recently and can report that there is zero submerged aquatic vegetation present. Dam to Orange Springs and west.

The FWC/FL Dept Ag use Diquat to control water lettuce, and Rodman has water lettuce that they spray. I guess they spray under the guise of navigation on a reservoir thats not navigable for most people.

It seems that Diquat may also be an effective pre-emergent that is not easily degraded, so it hangs around a long time. I'm beginning to think this may be one of the reasons we don't see grass coming back.

2. Member
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Follow da $$$.... as a retired college Biology prof and 42 year bass club guy in 3 states...they wiped out my best 3 $$
    SJR banks near Welaka... took 18 months and many hours to learn those banks....they still are brown water erosion bio-ruined zones after about 3 years...
    they were not in any navigation zone or congesting any docks so no real reason IMHO... those banks held bass...my best was 8.58#...

got a 6.96# and a 9.23# out of Rodman last May...in mats...hate to go look after they nuked the area... recent big experienced Seniors club T and under 12# won but somewhat ugly weather a factor...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

5. Member
    Mickey at Greenways does the best possible job to balance the need for spraying vs the need of the environment. And I'm a big proponent for not spraying ( look at my youTube vidies with Scott ) . There was a 33 pound bag out of Rodman Saturday so maybe .....
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

There is a video I saw floating around the internet where they have put up fenced in areas outside of the Glen on George and planted large areas of eel grass. Havent been there so i cant confirm but, I did see a video of it.