Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Remote Button Action Description
    (M)
    • Move to Idle Diagnostics
    • See bullet 4 above. Exits any mode below.
    Right Button, >
    • Show Center Calibration
    • Shaft will rotate to the center position and if set correctly will align with the head. This value is not set with Rev F. software. If software was upgraded you will hear an error beep. This doesn’t mean there is an issue with the product. Just that it could need calibration sequence per the manual for a new main controller
    Left Button, <
    • Show Keel Calibration
    • Shaft will rotate to keel position and if set correctly will align with the keel of the boat. If not, perform M112.
    • Show Toe Down Hard Stop
    • Shaft rotate to toe down hard stop. If it doesn’t look good, then perform M284/M285
    • Show Heel Down Hard Stop
    • Shaft will rotate to heel down hard stop. If it doesn’t look good, then perform M284/M285.
    • Check Encoder
    • Shaft rotates to heel down, evaluates the encoder as it moves to toe down. After evaluation it rotates back to heel down while displaying the status. Red means the Encoder needs to be replaced. Yellow means the encoder needs to be aligned properly. Green means the encoder is good.
    • Display Wireless Receiver Comm Status
    • Red for no communications – replace main controller.
      Green status means wireless is okay.
    • Display Sensor Board Communications Status
    • Red for no communications – replace sensor controller.
      Green status means sensor is okay.
    • Display Pinpoint Communications Status
    • Red for no communications – replace main controller.
      Green status means pinpoint is okay.
    • Display Foot Pedal Communications Status
    • Red for no comm – replace foot pedal controller.
      Green status means foot pedal is okay.
    Last edited by 06x6spdGTO; 06-26-2022 at 11:01 AM.

2. Member
    Yes I can steer with the remote.

3. Member
    Got on water after up grade spot lock worked 1st time after that it would pick up gps but no power to motor head would turn like it picked up gps for about 30 seconds sometime would lose all power and would have to reboot. Every thing else working ok after reboot

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    Got on water after up grade spot lock worked 1st time after that it would pick up gps but no power to motor head would turn like it picked up gps for about 30 seconds sometime would lose all power and would have to reboot. Every thing else working ok after reboot
    So is the motor working properly now?

Did you follow the After Update instructions that were included with the update manual?
    AFTER UPDATE INSTALLATION
    1. Wait 20 seconds, provide power to the Tour Pro.
    2. Deploy the Tour Pro motor.
    3. When GPS is acquired, Power-On any/all Networked Display(s).
    4. If using Lowrance/Simrad display(s):GO TO: PAGES>SETTINGS>NETWORK>SELECT AUTO CONFIGURE.
    5. Perform a compass calibration (M111) two times. NOTE: REFER TO THE OPERATIONSMANUAL FOR THE PROCEDURE PAGES 37-40.
    6. Disconnect power from the motor.
    7. Connect power to the motor.
    8. Wait for the motor to signal the pinpoint ready tone.
    9. Perform a keel alignment calibration (M112). NOTE: REFER TO THE OPERATIONSMANUAL FOR THE PROCEDURE PAGES 37-40.
    10.If networked to a Lowrance or Simrad device, first time operation of Cruise Controlfunction should be performed via the Pinpoint Remote.
    11.The motor is ready for normal operation.

5. Member
    Did all that wil try again next time on water

Well I guess I got a dud Tour Pro. Put it on three weeks ago and have had nothing but issues so I found this thread and ran M888 and it is blinking red green after the encoder test. Anyone else have this part fail?

7. Member
    anyone have information on the one year extended warranty and shirt before the end of July for the update on the tour pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    Well I guess I got a dud Tour Pro. Put it on three weeks ago and have had nothing but issues so I found this thread and ran M888 and it is blinking red green after the encoder test. Anyone else have this part fail?
    Per post #240
    Are you on REV H? If so you can access diagnosis mode M888 and troubleshoot to be sure. (Power cycle by unplugging the Tour pro exits the mode)

in most cases when the battery indicator is showing Green then Red. It’s a low input voltage scenario. (Bad battery, loose connections, poor breaker, or weak trolling motor plug receptacle)

Have you checked voltage at the TM plug?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    Its blinking Red/Green during any test sequence. - Green second Blink is indicating the test is passing.

If the Status Light goes RED Blink followed by RED Blink without a Green light sequence... That would indicate a failed test.

10. Member
    Welp.. updated to rev H and now I'm having issues. Everything was working fine until I did the footpedal calibration. Now, anything involving the footpedal and the steer assist causes it to go nuts when stowing and trying the go to heel position. Had to disable the assist and run it as a standard cable motor (which was one of the reasons for buying this motor).
    I'm going to check the cables again to make sure they aren't loose and try running the calibration again.
    Funny enough, I got one of the original runs and everything worked right out of the box.
    Where can I get a copy of the G revision? I stupidly didn't make a copy when I brought in H

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhick16 View Post
    Welp.. updated to rev H and now I'm having issues. Everything was working fine until I did the footpedal calibration. Now, anything involving the footpedal and the steer assist causes it to go nuts when stowing and trying the go to heel position. Had to disable the assist and run it as a standard cable motor (which was one of the reasons for buying this motor).
    I'm going to check the cables again to make sure they aren't loose and try running the calibration again.
    Funny enough, I got one of the original runs and everything worked right out of the box.
    Where can I get a copy of the G revision? I stupidly didn't make a copy when I brought in H
    I could be wrong but I thought Rev G was only distributed as a new board. If you find that it can be downloaded and installed like Rev H, please post that here. I'm sitting at Rev G and have Rev H ready to go but I'm a little nervous about installing it because you're the 2nd or 3rd person that's had problems with it and it's prime fishing up here right now and I don't want to lose fishing time fighting with a TM problem as Rev G is working adequately for me.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

12. Member
    I thought Rev G came preloaded on the updater dongle.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Per post #240
    Are you on REV H? If so you can access diagnosis mode M888 and troubleshoot to be sure. (Power cycle by unplugging the Tour pro exits the mode)

in most cases when the battery indicator is showing Green then Red. It’s a low input voltage scenario. (Bad battery, loose connections, poor breaker, or weak trolling motor plug receptacle)

Have you checked voltage at the TM plug?
    Vendor sent me a new motor and it works perfect the first one was a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Its blinking Red/Green during any test sequence. - Green second Blink is indicating the test is passing.

If the Status Light goes RED Blink followed by RED Blink without a Green light sequence... That would indicate a failed test.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

15. Banned
    Mine has been dead since 6/2 and at a service center since 6/27. They have my whole boat because, apparently, they can't fix it unless it's on the boat.

I'm about done with this trolling motor.

16. Member
    Update on mine:
    Took the boat out and played around with the pedal and calibration. Noticed that it was failing on the toe end of the calibration. Moved the cable and head around trying to get it to pass the calibration. Took about an hour of failed calibration and movements to finally get it to pass. I do get some lightness when going to heel position but now the motor is more usable the way it is meant to be. Hopefully they get a new update out soon to smooth out the issues this revision created.

17. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhick16 View Post
    Update on mine:
    Took the boat out and played around with the pedal and calibration. Noticed that it was failing on the toe end of the calibration. Moved the cable and head around trying to get it to pass the calibration. Took about an hour of failed calibration and movements to finally get it to pass. I do get some lightness when going to heel position but now the motor is more usable the way it is meant to be. Hopefully they get a new update out soon to smooth out the issues this revision created.
    WTF... I'm liking this thing less and less every day.
    So i just ordered the dingey-dongle with Rev H, should I just leave it alone for now?

Has anyone actually seen improvements with Rev H i.e. Anchor lock?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    WTF... I'm liking this thing less and less every day.
    So i just ordered the dingey-dongle with Rev H, should I just leave it alone for now?

Has anyone actually seen improvements with Rev H i.e. Anchor lock?
    Every New Motor, current BASS Elite, and MLF angler is on REV H. Didn't seem to impact Marc Frasier or Taku Ito on Oahe.
    https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/sli...n-oahe/1045609

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Every New Motor, current BASS Elite, and MLF angler is on REV H. Didn't seem to impact Marc Frasier or Taku Ito on Oahe.
    https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/sli...n-oahe/1045609
    Fair enough... but keep in mind they also have a pro staff at the ready to address any issues, on the spot... We are just a bunch of average, everyday, ordinary schmucks trying to figure this stuff out. I guess I will just take salvation in the fact that all the "smart" TMs are having issues and eventually they will get everything fine tuned.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Fair enough... but keep in mind they also have a pro staff at the ready to address any issues, on the spot... We are just a bunch of average, everyday, ordinary schmucks trying to figure this stuff out. I guess I will just take salvation in the fact that all the "smart" TMs are having issues and eventually they will get everything fine tuned.
    The exact documentation on the MotorGuide website is the information BASS Elites are armed with. They have a phone number or 2...

But I can tell you for fact.... That number might get a phone call 2x a month for the entire fleet. Usually the "issue" is reported as a pedal that has gotten increasing stiff(er) overtime. Remedy is a M284 & M285 Calibrations. Like any cable operated trolling motor, the steering cables stretch overtime. A Re-Calibration will solve the issue 9x out 10. In a rare instance you might have to snug the cables up on the manual tension adjustment under the foot pedal - There is such a thing as Too Loose This is why your pedal free-play (slop), should be set to 0.125-0.250" of play WHILE THE MOTOR IS STOWED.

End of the day... During installation or after any manual cable adjustment: Ensure the motor will rotate 360* in both directions while using the remote. Stow it and confirm pedal tension free play is overly loose... finish the M284 & M285 calibrations in calm conditions (pocket, cove, marina,). After Do a M111 GPS Cal and go enjoy the thing.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast