Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Update: I received a call from Mike, the owner of Marshland Marine, BBC vendor and the vendor that I purchased through. He has offered his help and I am hoping that we can get the Motorguide board and the anchor mode working as it should. He was following the thread and reached out to me. Now that is service!

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

2. Member
    Well I got my spot lock working again after my motor replacement. It still is not working as good as it did before but atleast I am hopeful. I performed all calibrations again but this time I made sure the head was 6" minimum above mount like the instructions say to do. That seemed to do the trick.

It will hold a spot but seems to really struggle by driving a circle before settling in and anchoring. But it is anchoring now. I really hope the update fixes it when my programmer arrives.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    That's laughable. They have yet to offer full refunds. Which...I would gladly accept.

After a board switch last fall...I am still having anchor/satellite issues. Used the boat Thursday and Friday. Thursday, after a re-cal on the water...everything worked fine. Friday...same lake, was slow to find satellites after every deployment, anchor never worked.

I'll order the programmer and update.

Still...this thing is the biggest piece of s**t i've ever bolted to the boat. I'm not interested in a trolling motor I have to f**k with every day I use it. Motorguide can suck one!
    It's the best trolling motor ever made.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    Guys need your help to confirm that the Programmer Unit you received listed Revisions G & H. The Programmer (Dongle) I received only listed Zip File No’s: 8M006755-A (11-21-21) and 8M006756-B (02-01-22). No where listed were Revisions G & H. May be me, not finding the Zip Files, cause I had to purchase laptop computer to get the job done.
    Thanks.
    R-D

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddogtx View Post
    Guys need your help to confirm that the Programmer Unit you received listed Revisions G & H. The Programmer (Dongle) I received only listed Zip File No’s: 8M006755-A (11-21-21) and 8M006756-B (02-01-22). No where listed were Revisions G & H. May be me, not finding the Zip Files, cause I had to purchase laptop computer to get the job done.
    Thanks.
    R-D
    There are no zip files on the dongle. The zip file is what you download from motorguide's website, then extract and copy the files to the dongle.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddogtx View Post
    Thanks.
    R-D
    Out of the box the USB Device comes with Version G already installed. This version is capable of repairing anchor mode per the recall.

If you want to update to Version H this version contains all of the enhancements of version G and adds:
    Stow Assist
    Faster Anchor Recovery
    Sleep Blink - Stowed-Standby LED Status light
    Power Steering Enable/Disable Modes (M288/M287)
    GPS Calibration Check - M113

+some additional service features and enhancements.

Version H zip file and instructions to place it on the device can be found on MotorGuide.com > Owner's Resources > Tour Pro Software

7. Member
    I really don't think the stow assist is working on mine.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

^^^ Thanks Larry ^^^
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I really don't think the stow assist is working on mine.
    I'm not entirely sure what it is supposed to do in the first place. My troller never had an issue with the motor unit moving when stowing. It always stayed in the position I set it prior to stowing.*shrug*

Personally, I’d be happy if MotorGuide would acknowledge they received the form I submitted (3 times). It’s been two months since I first requested the updater.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Personally, I’d be happy if MotorGuide would acknowledge they received the form I submitted (3 times). It’s been two months since I first requested the updater.
    I requested mine yesterday and recieved a confimation email immediately. I sent an email to the link above, and it prompted me to another link(also posted above), filled that out and got a reply back right away.

Maybe try again?

12. Member
    Not sure how it has been 2 months... The form, Updater, and Rev H have only been available since Mid April.

You should get a "Thank You for completing our Survey" and a DONE button after you complete the form online.

Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Not sure how it has been 2 months... The form, Updater, and Rev H have only been available since Mid April.

You should get a "Thank You for completing our Survey" and a DONE button after you complete the form online.
    I should say it's been two months since I first requested information on whether my TM required the board update. That would have been before the USB updaters became available. I've since made three requests for the USB updater. I'll keep trying.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    Requested my dongle 5/5/22. Called today to confirm status and they stated that info is sent to them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They stated there was no way to confirm if my request went thru, they could only confirm that they had not received the info. I asked if I should call back tomorrow (Tuesday) to confirm and they said "no, you will receive an email stating it had been processed". I asked if they would be sending out tracking info and they said no.

Nearest service center is 2 hours away. I called two of the closest ones to see if they have an updater to install the revised software and they both said no. Not at all impressed with their customer support or local presence at all at this point.

It would be awesome if this could be done via a networked MFD. It could save so much hassle.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdixer View Post
    Requested my dongle 5/5/22. Called today to confirm status and they stated that info is sent to them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They stated there was no way to confirm if my request went thru, they could only confirm that they had not received the info. I asked if I should call back tomorrow (Tuesday) to confirm and they said "no, you will receive an email stating it had been processed". I asked if they would be sending out tracking info and they said no.

Nearest service center is 2 hours away. I called two of the closest ones to see if they have an updater to install the revised software and they both said no. Not at all impressed with their customer support or local presence at all at this point.

It would be awesome if this could be done via a networked MFD. It could save so much hassle.
    Per the Email response that gives you the form: Did you call the correct customer support number to check on your order status? I believe it was in Bold and says allow 48 hours for order processing.
    ​If you have questions on your order status - please call 616-897-2301 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EDT

Or Did you call the Mercury Support line? If you called Mercury I doubt they have much visibility to the order as it doesn't seem like they are the ones processing consumer request.

As for if your order went through - The "Thank for completing" message appears to tell you its in their system.

For the MFD option - Wouldn't solve much problem for those people that don't have a networked MFD.

16. Member
    Yes I called the ASG Support number in the email.

I did some more testing this evening and I really believe the spring in the break away mount messes with the heading sensor if the head is lowered too close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdixer View Post
    Yes I called the ASG Support number in the email.

I did some more testing this evening and I really believe the spring in the break away mount messes with the heading sensor if the head is lowered too close to it.
    What height from bottom of the head to the top of the breakaway mount are you set at? The owner’s manual recommends a 6” spacing under the GPS setup section (p38-40). And, 6” is all the space I can allow before the head blocks the rod locker lid.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Banned
    What height from bottom of the head to the top of the breakaway mount are you set at? The owner’s manual recommends a 6” spacing under the GPS setup section (p38-40). And, 6” is all the space I can allow before the head blocks the rod locker lid.
    Oddly mine has been at 4.5" since install. I've had no issues with GPS.

19. Member
    Mine was initially set to 6"above the clamp like the manual recommended. I did not over tighten the plastic clamp because I did not want to break it. I guess it had stretched over the last year and allowed the motor to slide down over time. It was probably only 2" or so off the clamp when I was struggling last week to get anchor mode to work.

I set it a 6" again and tightened the clamp one more turn.

20. Member
    And the saga continues...

Took my Tour Pro to the local service center to have them update the software, as they have a programmer...and mine has not arrived.
    Tech plugs it up...the board will not accept the update. Tried multiple times. Gets an MG tech on the phone. Tells the guy to enter a couple codes via the remote and retry the update. 1st attempt failed. Second attempt fried the board. No longer would receive power, thus no link to the remote. Tech tells him to replace the board and try again. No board in stock as they were done replacing them. Lucky the service guy was able to get someone to ship next day, at my cost...which is fine by me, and should have it today(Friday) and installed/updated in no time.

The guys at the service center are tired of seeing my motor!! Thankfully, they've been more than accomodating to get it back to me in short order. They're not fans of the Tour Pro.

As soon as I can find one, i'm buying an Ultrex. The MG tech mentioned the possibility of a new motor exchange, or a full refund...either way...i'm done with this thing in the near future.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast