Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Motor Guide Pro tour Owners

I wanted to give you guys an update on the Recall of the Control board for the Pro tour. Motor Guide has realized that there is a supply chain issues with the control board availability so they have a fix that will soon be at Motor Guide repair centers. This is a Dunkel that will be used by repair shops to update the software on the problemed boards.
    It will be about a month or so before repair shops will receive this Dunkel. Eventually all repair shops will have this Dunkel, but the first batch will be sent only to repair shops that have replaced boards or repaired Pro Tour Motors.
    Do not try to call Motor Guide about this because they will not send anything to customers. I am sure Motor Guide will send an update recall bulletin to all register owners. I would wait at least a couple of weeks before you call a repair shop to schedule your update. I am sure that the Dunkel has not even shipped yet so please be patient and hold on.

2. Member
    A beer?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    A beer?
    How about a case?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    How about a case?
    As long as it's not Dunkel :lol:
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

5. Member
    What is a Dunkal ?

Dongle?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    Received a dongle to do updates. FYI make sure you take your remote with you to get the service done.

Hope they finally found a workable solution to the board issues. It’s really surprising just how piss poorly Motorguide (and by extension, Mercury) have handled this issue. What is this? Going on 18 months since MG acknowledged the issue? Longer? If they wanted to put a damper on sales of an otherwise outstanding trolling motor they certainly did a good job. So far, my TP 82 has exhibited no issues in the few trips it’s been used. For now, it will maintain it’s place on the bow. I mean, I really do like this motor. But, it better behave.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Update: I received the programmer today. So now I can update the Tour Pro

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Update: I received the programmer today. So now I can update the Tour Pro
    How do you get this? Can you drive it up to Alexandria? :lol:
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

11. Member
    Time for MG heads to roll.....the goat rope has been going on for 18 months!

12. Member
    Well I can say, when I see light I will own one. Cable is a savior when electric steer fails
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    How do you get this? Can you drive it up to Alexandria? :lol:
    Wish I could.

Put the Tour Pro through its paces for a few hours yesterday. It continues to impress. Just an overall solid, quiet motor with great built-in sonar.
    I sincerely hope this solution MG is making available will finally resolve the board issues once and for all. Both Cable steer and motor driven Anchor Mode, and sonar compatibility with all major brands is something no one else offers currently. Get the board problems resolved and they could have a big seller.
    Then we’ll have to start our own thread titled “When Will the Tour Pro Go Brushless”?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Then we’ll have to start our own thread titled “When Will the Tour Pro Go Brushless”?
    I honestly do not know what that would do for me. Pretty sure I would change almost nothing about mine. The only feature I would love to have is auto rotation for storage. Such a great TM though.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

16. Member
    [QUOTE=RazorCat;12372777]Hope they finally found a workable solution to the board issues. It’s really surprising just how piss poorly Motorguide (and by extension, Mercury) have handled this issue.
    Just a FYI Motorguide has been ran under the Atwood corp of Brunswick for a period of time now. Mercury is still just a platform to deliver warranty, parts, service Engineers at Atwood are the party responsible, not Mercury.

Hope they finally found a workable solution to the board issues. It’s really surprising just how piss poorly Motorguide (and by extension, Mercury) have handled this issue.
    Just a FYI Motorguide has been ran under the Atwood corp of Brunswick for a period of time now. Mercury is still just a platform to deliver warranty, parts, service Engineers at Atwood are the party responsible, not Mercury.
    Apologies to Mercury. The problem still persists.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 03-07-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Banned
    I spoke to the MG people at the classic expo. This updated software is available now at service centers. No need to remove anything from the boat, and the update only takes a few minutes to do. And they're working on making these updates end user serviceable.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I spoke to the MG people at the classic expo. This updated software is available now at service centers. No need to remove anything from the boat, and the update only takes a few minutes to do. And they're working on making these updates end user serviceable.
    I'll just wait then I guess. I am experiencing no issues.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

For those with new control boards. did your remote work afterwards? Mine did not and couldn't recalibrate.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast