Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    This week I finished installing a Rite Hite turret and LVS34 transducer on my MG Tour Pro.
    I have to say I don’t fully trust the pull rope (string?) when deploying or stowing with the added weight (approx. 16 lbs.). At the very least, it probably won’t last as long as it would on a stock motor.
    Has anyone found a more substantial replacement for the factory pull rope?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    Well mine is already not working right out of the box. It won't acquire a GPS signal even after being on the water for 3 hours and killing power to it several times for it to reset the light never came on.

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Well mine is already not working right out of the box. It won't acquire a GPS signal even after being on the water for 3 hours and killing power to it several times for it to reset the light never came on.
    Oh boy....
    I advise you to deal directly with Motorguide Tech support (service@motorguide.com) as opposed to the customer support folks at Mercury Marine. It's communication via e-mail, but they are pretty good.

Good Luck!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    where the cancel order button is
    Unfortunately you were right, their customer service is a joke, I will be sending mine back for a full refund ASAP.

5. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Unfortunately you were right, their customer service is a joke, I will be sending mine back for a full refund ASAP.
    Let us know how that goes. I'm staring down the barrel of an exchange or preferably refund on mine as well, but I'm not sure refund is an option...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

6. Banned
    Got the replacement updater. Did the update today back to G and it seems to have taken. The motor powers on, gets GPS lock......but there is no power to the prop. Push the foot pedal button and nothing. The light on the head lights up. I can even hit the spot lock button which activates the motor in the head as it starts rotating, just zero power to the prop.

Not sure what the issue is now.

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Got the replacement updater. Did the update today back to G and it seems to have taken. The motor powers on, gets GPS lock......but there is no power to the prop. Push the foot pedal button and nothing. The light on the head lights up. I can even hit the spot lock button which activates the motor in the head as it starts rotating, just zero power to the prop.

Not sure what the issue is now.

Well, if you look at my MG TP Rev H thread, my TM is AFU, even after replacing the FP control module. Problem all started when attempting Rev H upload... I am waiting on a replacement updater, which the tech folks think my PC is corrupting the original updater during my s/w download process. This has been a real nightmare.... The MG Tech Service folks have been extremely helpful; however, I doubt a replacement updater will fix the issue.

I am setting the stage for an exchange, but will push for refund as much as i can.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post

Well, if you look at my MG TP Rev H thread, my TM is AFU, even after replacing the FP control module. Problem all started when attempting Rev H upload... I am waiting on a replacement updater, which the tech folks think my PC is corrupting the original updater during my s/w download process. This has been a real nightmare.... The MG Tech Service folks have been extremely helpful; however, I doubt a replacement updater will fix the issue.

I am setting the stage for an exchange, but will push for refund as much as i can.
    I originally updated to H. It ran ok'ish for a while, then it didn't. I tried reflashing it and that bricked the whole thing. They sent me a new updater which I didn't touch the software on it. I know it ships with G so I rolled the dice on applying that. The update took....just no power to the prop.

I'm about fed up with this. Going on 4 months without a trolling motor.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    I originally updated to H. It ran ok'ish for a while, then it didn't. I tried reflashing it and that bricked the whole thing. They sent me a new updater which I didn't touch the software on it. I know it ships with G so I rolled the dice on applying that. The update took....just no power to the prop.

I'm about fed up with this. Going on 4 months without a trolling motor.
    Yeah, fortunately I kept my Fortrex which works flawless,,,,

Are Refunds an option? Ive only had mine since this past Spring.

Bought it from Luke Claussen who was advertising on here
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Yeah, fortunately I kept my Fortrex which works flawless,,,,

Are Refunds an option? Ive only had mine since this past Spring.

Bought it from Luke Claussen who was advertising on here
    They wouldn't refund mine after just under a year(with 5 months of no use for winter). I got a replacement and sold it right away. Bought a Ghost. You won't regret getting rid of that piece of s**t!

11. Member
    Is everyone still having all of these issues with the ones being sold as of right now or is with the earlier models? I am in the market for a new trolling motor.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98cobra201 View Post
    Is everyone still having all of these issues with the ones being sold as of right now or is with the earlier models? I am in the market for a new trolling motor.
    Mine I just got 2 weeks ago wouldn't work right.

13. Member
    It’s really disappointing that MG has manufactured such a poor quality product.
    It’s the only spot lock trolling motor I have considered. At this point I believe it is not even an option. I have followed this and other threads, and the problems continue.

I have no interest in any of the other models. The big head spinning and noise on the Ultrex isn’t what I want.

Will keep the Maxxum going until something reliable comes along.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    It’s the only spot lock trolling motor I have considered. At this point I believe it is not even an option. I have followed this and other threads, and the problems continue.

I have no interest in any of the other models. The big head spinning and noise on the Ultrex isn’t what I want.

Don
    I would not buy another MG!
    Last edited by King_Fish; 09-24-2022 at 07:18 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    They wouldn't refund mine after just under a year(with 5 months of no use for winter). I got a replacement and sold it right away. Bought a Ghost. You won't regret getting rid of that piece of s**t!
    RF - I sent you a PM
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

16. Member

Don
    Same here, I put my Fortrex on and will continue to use it. All I really want is a cable steer trolling motor with a spot lock button that is durable and reliable, I don't need a remote or any of the other features they want to charge extra for.

17. Member

Don
    It is by far the best trolling motor I have ever uses, and I have used a bunch. I use mine very week, and often twice per.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

18. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    It is by far the best trolling motor I have ever uses, and I have used a bunch. I use mine very week, and often twice per.
    That's good to hear, and consistent with 3 of my buddies who purchased theirs around the same time as me, this past Spring. I'm working with MG Tech Support to have mine returned, evaluated and repaired, which I hope works out well. I would be happy to have mine re-installed, working like it did prior to the attempted, bombed Rev H upload, and with all the Rev H enhancements incorporated.

All that said, if I had to do it over again, I would stick with the MK brand...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Just received my update dongle with G on it. However, I am nervous about reloading H with some of the horror stories I've read. What is the consensus of the group on proceeding forward before I touch anything!?

20. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Tic View Post
    Just received my update dongle with G on it. However, I am nervous about reloading H with some of the horror stories I've read. What is the consensus of the group on proceeding forward before I touch anything!?
    Oh boy...

Well, my avalanche of crap started when i attempted Rev H... and now the TM is on it's way back to Lowell MI, and I assume they will ship me a new one, with Rev H. Long story short, they told me to keep the original dongle and download rev H or the next rev with Windows 10, Google Chrome. The only thing they think is that by me using Edge, it keeps corrupting something... My buddy loaded his Rev H, no problem and he is running W10, Chrome.

My advise would be if you have a buddy with a known good dongle, go for it. You can always use the other dongle if yours won't load for some reason. If you don't have a standby, I'm not sure what to advise. There was a guy on one of the threads that offered to ship me his dongle, but one of my buddies has Rev G, the other Rev H. The one with rev G is in the same boat as you.

Sad thing is, I really liked the MG TP until the sh_it hit the fan. Just hoping I get something back that works as prescribed.

Good Luck
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast