Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sure, Epoxy has a 3000psi adhesion. Polyester 300psi (Gelcoat resin base). Leave no shiny spots and de-wax the gelcoat well with acetone.

How the heck do you cut this garolite stuff? I ran it through my band saw and it did not like that! Ha.

3. Member
    I'm so sorry. My metal bandsaw blades need to be replaced after cutting, I have a gearbox so I slow down the blade speed and take my time.

It was a cheap blade so I'm not worried about the bandsaw. It was more so that it would take on a life of it's own, I'd start straight and it would start veering off to the left and was nearly impossible to steer it back towards the line. Think I might use a grinder with a cutting wheel for the next one.

5. Member
    I buy Lennox Blades for steel

6. Member
    I replaced my Ranger boat battery lids with one made of aluminum,,,it came carpeted and e erything for around $200 ,,,,contact Ranger Mike on Facebook,,,he does nice work

Got the rod locker done. Used 1/4" garolite. When I first finished and standing on the lid laying on concrete I wasn't overly impressed since there was flex still, but once I put it on the boat and it had the extra lid support it really stiffened it up. I can tell it sits just a touch higher now, but once I do the other two front side doors everything should mesh really nice.

Turned out really well I thought. Lesson learned is that next time I'll grab a fresh pair of gloves, got a couple smudge grease spots from using the first ones I saw and grabbed, but it's under the lid, no one will ever care.

Thank you so much for all the help everyone and especially rojoguio!

IMG_3366.JPGIMG_3367.JPG

8. Member
    Your hatches look good Bud. Glad to help...............Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12