Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Ukraine question....

So I've been following this invasion pretty closely. I know there is so much more that is going on than what we and the media know about. But if there is a 40 mile long convoy waiting to go to the Kyiv, why are they not taking those out? Sitting ducks? They are going to surround the capitol with those vehicles...

2. Member
    I assume they don't have the ability to.

Some Apache helicopters right now could change the outcome of this whole war quickly.

3. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    A donation of a few A-10 Warthogs and Apaches would be well appreciated, I'm sure.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

4. Member
    I had the same thought last night!!!

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    I assume they don't have the ability to.

Some Apache helicopters right now could change the outcome of this whole war quickly.
    In favor of Ukraine?
    Side note, this war is stressing me out. I was a senior in HS when 9/11 happened. I didn't follow nearly as closely. I was young and was focused on school and sports. It would have killed me though if I focused on it like I am Ukraine. This crap in Ukraine keeps me on edge.

6. Banned
    Thot they had international support but they were wrong so they have no resources to attack convoy

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    In favor of Ukraine?
    Side note, this war is stressing me out. I was a senior in HS when 9/11 happened. I didn't follow nearly as closely. I was young and was focused on school and sports. It would have killed me though if I focused on it like I am Ukraine. This crap in Ukraine keeps me on edge.
    Don’t let it stress you out. You don’t have any control over anything, and I doubt anyone is getting accurate information.

8. Member
    Warthogs would do the trick for sure.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    In favor of Ukraine?
    100% in favour of Ukraine.

They deserve our help, Russia is the aggressor and always has been.

I'm with CG, it would be great if they could get some air support.

I just heard on the news that there are 30 Ukrainian pilots in Poland and they are flying back in loaned EU jet fighters.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I just heard on the news that there are 30 Ukrainian pilots in Poland and they are flying back in loaned EU jet fighters.
    That could be an incredible game changer at this point.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    This was being discussed on the news this morning.

The majority of Ukraine weapons are only good for short range engagement. They would have to leave the city of Kyiv to go attack the convoy. They would be less effective out in the open, better to let the fight come to the them.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    What about all the weapons, ammo, and equipment that was left in Afghanistan? I am no expert but I am sure those would go along way in Ukraine right about now.

14. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    What about all the weapons, ammo, and equipment that was left in Afghanistan? I am no expert but I am sure those would go along way in Ukraine right about now.
    Sure, maybe the Taliban will give them back. Or better yet go join the fight.

15. Member
    Ukraine’s air order of battle includes 17 Su-25 Frogfoot close attack aircraft (Soviet A-10 type aircraft) so they likely have the capability. Both sides are likely exhibiting quite a bit of restraint…..because achievement of they’re respective strategic & operational objectives do NOT require destruction of all of the other side’s in theater capabilities.

Obviously, I believe Russia’s violation if Ukrainian sovereignty is completely unjustified….but am I glad to see that Russia’s military continues to be strategically and tactically inept…..and as poorly trained & ill-equipped today (by comparison to the US) as it was back in the 1980s.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Ukraine’s air order of battle includes 17 Su-25 Frogfoot close attack aircraft (Soviet A-10 type aircraft) so they likely have the capability. Both sides are likely exhibiting quite a bit of restraint…..because achievement of they’re respective strategic & operational objectives do NOT require destruction of all of the other side’s in theater capabilities.

Obviously, I believe Russia’s violation if Ukrainian sovereignty is completely unjustified….but am I glad to see that Russia’s military continues to be strategically and tactically inept…..and as poorly trained & ill-equipped today (by comparison to the US) as it was back in the 1980s.
    Interesting insight, thank you.

Do we know that Su-25's are still operational or is there a chance Russia got to them early in this conflict?

17. Member
    I don't understand the difference in this and the west 'not getting involved' to Putin. we supply the weapons and money...hows that not getting involved. oh well.

its a horrible situation that has united the west.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    That could be an incredible game changer at this point.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    I don't understand the difference in this and the west 'not getting involved' to Putin. we supply the weapons and money...hows that not getting involved. oh well.

its a horrible situation that has united the west.
    You have a point.

The good news is that it has united the west (except for a few on here). I'm sure there are some pilots from NATO sitting within flight range vibrating and losing their minds over not being able to go help.

19. Member
    Oil.

How many think if there was no such thing as Nuclear weapons that other countries would have already been helping more just something I've been thinking.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast