Which Sea Star Seal Kit

I am out of town currently and don't have my serial number handy but I have a 2014 Mercury 250 proxs two stroke and need to replace the seals on my seastar cylinder. Could anyone help me which model number my hydraulic steering is so I can order a seal kit? Thank you

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Which Sea-Star CYLINDER do you have?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I dont know.

Some info that might help. I just replaced mine on a 2016 ProXS 250 and my cylinder is a HC6345-3. The replacement seal matched to “HS5157” per the SeaStar link below. This seal kit fits a large number of their cylinders but make sure you do correctly match the cylinder and seal.

I ordered mine from the link below and it fit perfectly but also has DuPont Viton seals that are supposed to be less prone to leaks. Changed these out a few weeks ago and perfect fit and no leaks. Hopefully this helps you.

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/supp...tar-helm-pump/

https://five-star-marine.myshopify.c...-wrench-hs5167

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It would be best to know whether you're resealing a 5345 or a 6345 cylinder (the most common ones used with Mercury 3L models in the last 15 years).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

[QUOTE=EuropeanAM;12369640]It would be best to know whether you're resealing a 5345 or a 6345 cylinder (the most common ones used with Mercury 3L models in the last 15 years).[/QUOTE ]

Hi Don
    Do you carry the seastar seals for HC6345?
    Basscat P4

7. Member
    Get rid of that sea star mess and install a U Flex. It will be the best thing you ever did for the steering
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We can order them for you.

The steering that I recommend is not actually a "U-Flex" brand- it's a specific HD cylinder that is manufactured for Mercury Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    We can order them for you.

The steering that I recommend is not actually a "U-Flex" brand- it's a specific HD cylinder that is manufactured for Mercury Marine.
    Hi Don

Thank you for that. Any idea how long to get them in?

And does anyone know if part # HC5340 seal kit will work for the HC6345?
    Last edited by MRichard2016; 05-28-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Basscat P4

I tried a local West Marine store but they were no help
    Basscat P4

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Dometic does not list a seal kit for the 6345 cylinder in the catalog. You may want to contact them directly as I'm sure they must have seals for it.

12. Member
    Did you find the seal kit for the HC6345 cylinder? Mine just started leaking. Trying to get the correct seal kit also.

part# HS5157 is the seal kit w/ wrench. HS5167 w/o wrench. double check the site.

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-c...w-book-1.3.pdf go to page 34, it shows replacement parts
    Last edited by Chris85; 09-18-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225