Thread: Indy area spots

Indy area spots

Hey guys...
    My kid moved to Thorntown near Indy.
    I will take a couple trips down this year with the old Javelin..
    Need some spots to try.
    Didn't find much on lakemaster...
    I have fished Webster and the Barbie chain farther north but nothing south of there.
    Does American Legacy have a store? I like those guys. Always honest and reliable.
    Thanx in advance!!!
    2000 Javelin 18 Venom
    2002 Javelin MSX 21 Walleye boat

Lake Monroe in Bloomington.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

The closest lake would be Waveland, but no guarantee if fishing will be any good. Racoon (Cecil Harden Res) is not too far away. American Legacy is located in Evansville which is a good 3.5 hours from Thorntown.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

4. Member
    Morse, north side of Noblesville.
    iDK about American Legacy.

Morse, Geist, Monroe, Patoka, Waveland, Raccoon, Dogwood, Mississenwa, Kokomo Res.

Ton of lakes up around Barbee of course. I live in Wabash, and mostly fish north of you so if you have questions about the lakes up here send me a pm.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

6. idbefishing
    Raccoon and Glen Flint are the 2 closest. I can show you the White River if that would interest you

7. Member
    Go to lake James. Fish chrome ratl traps in the canals and hang on. Had 18.7 last April. BIGS

8. Member
    Check out Lake Lemon for bass and crappie also. Just north east of Bloomington. There is a launch fee. 1700 acres approx.

American Legacy is about 3 hours from Indy in Evansville. The shop is a store front for their warehouse and probably won’t blow your skirt up. I worked on a project in Evansville last summer and dropped by, I was way less than impressed, but I did drop a hundo an a GLoomis sunshirt and a hand full of rage tails.

I wouldn’t make a special trip to go there but if I did I would eat at Wolfs BBQ for lunch and the Haub House in Haubstadt for supper on the way back north.

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    American Legacy is about 3 hours from Indy in Evansville. The shop is a store front for their warehouse and probably won’t blow your skirt up. I worked on a project in Evansville last summer and dropped by, I was way less than impressed, but I did drop a hundo an a GLoomis sunshirt and a hand full of rage tails.

I wouldn’t make a special trip to go there but if I did I would eat at Wolfs BBQ for lunch and the Haub House in Haubstadt for supper on the way back north.
    Wolf’s BBQ used to be good, but if it impresses you now, you’d be stunned by good BBQ. We live an hour from Evansville, love BBQ and used to eat at Wolf’s more than once a month. Haven’t eaten there in 10 years. It is garbage compared to what it used to be and even compared to the chain places in Evansville. Used to be after 5 on a Friday or Saturday you couldn’t park at Wolf’s. Now I’ve been past at 6:30 and have seen less than 5 cars in the lot. Sad. Mission or Bandana’s are way better, and Old Hickory and Moonlite in Owensboro are a whole different level.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Wolf’s BBQ used to be good, but if it impresses you now, you’d be stunned by good BBQ. We live an hour from Evansville, love BBQ and used to eat at Wolf’s more than once a month. Haven’t eaten there in 10 years. It is garbage compared to what it used to be and even compared to the chain places in Evansville. Used to be after 5 on a Friday or Saturday you couldn’t park at Wolf’s. Now I’ve been past at 6:30 and have seen less than 5 cars in the lot. Sad. Mission or Bandana’s are way better, and Old Hickory and Moonlite in Owensboro are a whole different level.
    I get what you’re saying. I grew up in the era when the best BBQ battle was between Wolfs and Macs. Grandma always are at Wolfs. I ate there a few times last summer and it was good, not great for sure. I know a couple other hole in the wall spots in Evansville but I can never remember the names and they are in sketchy enough neighborhoods I wouldn’t send an out of towner there.

I’ll take Old Hickory over Moonlight but that’s another wrestling match For some reason Bandana’s doesn’t agree with me. The food is good but I always get horrendous heartburn after I eat there so hard pass for me.

SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

Shiller's was the best bbq in Evansville before it burnt
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke