Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Z-Man Finesse EyeZ or Trout Eye Finesse 1/8 and 3/16oz
    https://zmanfishing.com/store/catego...outeye_finesse

Finesse EyeZ is lighter wire 1/0. Trout Eye Finesse has a 1/0 Mustad made for inshore fish.
    For a weedless option, I would try a Pro ShroomZ weedless, but jighead colors are not ideal for a shad look.

I pour a ball head on a 1/0. Simple and it works pretty well.

3. Member
    Gamakatsu Round Jig Head pretty much has the same hook size/shank as the Dirty Jigs Guppy head and you get 5 for 4.99.

4. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by golfpro307 View Post
    Keitech Ball head jig. Hands down.
    Seeing this I picked up a pack yesterday. Tungsten head. That hook sure does look teeny tiny. I bet it sticks good. I'm probably real guilty of using bigger hooks than necessary on just about everything.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman2136 View Post
    Gamakatsu Round Jig Head pretty much has the same hook size/shank as the Dirty Jigs Guppy head and you get 5 for 4.99.
    Gamakatus are available in 1/0 in only 1/16th and 1/8th. The Guppy head offers the 1/0 in 1/8 to 3/8 oz which is pretty rare. I use both and the guppy heads are my primary hooks for smaller size swimbaits.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Seeing this I picked up a pack yesterday. Tungsten head. That hook sure does look teeny tiny. I bet it sticks good. I'm probably real guilty of using bigger hooks than necessary on just about everything.
    You can get each weight in 3 different hook sizes. 1/8 to 1/4oz is 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 1/16 you can get in 1, 2, 3, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0. Pretty sure the 2/0 is the size I use for 2.8s. It's not a real big 2/0

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippin Traps View Post
    Gamakatus are available in 1/0 in only 1/16th and 1/8th. The Guppy head offers the 1/0 in 1/8 to 3/8 oz which is pretty rare. I use both and the guppy heads are my primary hooks for smaller size swimbaits.
    Yeah Santone has a ball head in 3/8 and a 1/0 hook. I didn't have great luck with it though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    those hooks do bend easier than most so don’t Jack on them too hard. (That’s what she said). But keep the drag a bit loose and you won’t have an issue. Also you’ll notice after a few fish the bait keeper will break away from the head. It won’t affect performance at all until it fully breaks away from the hook
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Check out the Freedom Tackle compact swim bait head.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin Traps View Post
    Guppy head. They offer a 3/8oz with 1/0 hook which is rare. 3/16th is my go to though.
    Speaking of 3/16 oz guppy head, and a 2.8, caught this dude right off the beach before I got my boat in the water. He was up on the bank chasing shad as I started to prep the boat. Couldn't resist.

Mar9rampLM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I like the tungsten ones but the hooks are not strong enough
    Never had an issue. I toss it on 6lb line for Largemouth and Smallies.
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Speaking of 3/16 oz guppy head, and a 2.8, caught this dude right off the beach before I got my boat in the water. He was up on the bank chasing shad as I started to prep the boat. Couldn't resist.

Mar9rampLM.jpg
    Nice one, Jeff
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post

Mar9rampLM.jpg
    Nice one! You were the one that got me using the Guppy Heads!

14. Member
    I've used the Keitech and Guppy head plenty of times, has anyone else had trouble with the guppy heads keeper tearing up the plastic after one fish sometimes?

15. Member
    I've used the Keitech and Guppy head plenty of times, has anyone else had trouble with the guppy heads keeper tearing up the plastic after one fish sometimes?
    Not at all for me.

16. Member
    Yes, but I've had issues with keitech tearing up on every jig head, they're just super soft. A rage swimmer on a guppy head will last way way longer.

Yep, it happens. Gets worse when the water is warm and the fish are jumping and head shaking, this time of year with cold water I usually get multiple fish on a Keitech. You can repair them super glue if they are ripped.

18. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    those hooks do bend easier than most so don’t Jack on them too hard. (That’s what she said). But keep the drag a bit loose and you won’t have an issue. Also you’ll notice after a few fish the bait keeper will break away from the head. It won’t affect performance at all until it fully breaks away from the hook
    Can't get mine to jack on anything.

Figured this would be a good application for a ML rod.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Member
    I think I'll give the Guppy heads another try. I do tend to think the ball had jigs come through rock better which I'm on the river quite a bit so that is a factor for me.

I was looking at my stock here and looks like my Keitech super roundball heads are all 1/8 or 1/4 with the 1/0 hooks and for the Gamakatsu I have 1/8 in 1/0 hooks.

I haven't found the need to bump up to 3/8 ever.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post
    Gamakatsu round 26 ball head. 2/0
    this, I use the 1/8 and 3/16 oz. I believe both are 1/0 hooks
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast