Give this a try when doing steaks

Set your smoker up for 275. Place cast iron pan with plenty of butter in it in smoker until the butter is melted and pan is warm. Place steaks in pan snd cook until 115 temp. Turn them at least once. While they are cooking get grill HOT. Once steaks are at temp remove AC and place on hot grill for about 2 minutes a side. After steaks are seared remove and place back in cast iron pan. Cover with foil and place on counter four 10 minutes. Also the drippings in the pan go good over baked potatoes
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    Raised cattle as a kid. My dad would have a fit if I cooked a steak in any kind of skillet. Nope.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

3. Member
    I agree, I’m not much on slow cooking steaks.

4. Member
    Reversed seared stakes are great.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

5. Member
    RB is right on using the cast iron!! A couple of classes in cooking taught me that one of the best way to cook steaks is to use cast iron

I will make sure and try this method.
    C4F

6. Member
    Grill room temp steak seasoned with salt and pepper; then top with butter and balsamic reduction. OMG GOOD!!!

Just finished a reverse sear filet mignon. Came out PERFECT. (Again). Works every time. Cast iron is king for this.

8. Member
    If its cold and raining, and I don't want to go outside to grill. This is how I cook a steak, and they turn out fantastic, everytime.

9. Member
    This is the correct way to cook a perfect steak. Anybody just throwing them on a grill is doing it wrong.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Set your smoker up for 275. Place cast iron pan with plenty of butter in it in smoker until the butter is melted and pan is warm. Place steaks in pan snd cook until 115 temp. Turn them at least once. While they are cooking get grill HOT. Once steaks are at temp remove AC and place on hot grill for about 2 minutes a side. After steaks are seared remove and place back in cast iron pan. Cover with foil and place on counter four 10 minutes. Also the drippings in the pan go good over baked potatoes
    Maybe dumb question, what's 'AC'?

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Z518C View Post
    Maybe dumb question, what's 'AC'?
    Nothing. Autocorrect on the phone put it in
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

12. Member
    If I cooked a steak on a cast iron pan in the house, I'd set off at least 3 smoke detectors and wouldn't see the dog for a week!

I dunno. I like the smokey flavor I get from the fat dripping on the flavor bars or coals