JC Murphey Lake info

My stepdaughter and grandsons moved to east central IL recently and I just stumbled on this lake that would be about a half hour drive from their place...any info at all would be great...decent ramp? Use big motor at all or TM only? Hazards?? TIA

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    2 good ramps right next to eachother with tons of parking. Trolling motor only lake. No hazards to speak of.
    Definitely worth a 30 minute drive.

3. Member
    Just don't leave anything in plain site. They used to have a theft problem. I'm just assuming they still do. Buzz bait or plopper will be your friend.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wild...ke-renovation/ probably want to check and make sure they will have ramps open, doing another renovation there. They do it now and then since it is so shallow.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

TM only.. You see small water crafts with 4 TM on them hauling a$$. 18" minimum on bass and I think only 1 for the day.

keep any eye on it if they are draining it. when they did it years ago, once the lake was drained basically empty and most fish were in the rookery units, they opened the limits and if you could get out to the deeper holes there was some fun to be had. we stocked a few ponds w/ bass and crappie and guys were taking chanel cats out in bushel sacks. it was a muddy mess but still a good time