Thread: 2022 z19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

2022 z19

Looking for some input from you guys that have a newer model z19. I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new z19. What is the top end speed? Does getting a hydraulic jackplate make a huge difference? Would you go with a 112 ultrex over the 80? Is a padded deck an option on a nitro?

2. Member
    I have a 2020 Z19. Really enjoy the boat. I upgraded and got the 112 ultrex, I feel like that is what is needed on that boat. My front deck is padded. I don't have an hydro jackplate. My top speed is around 68. The 200pro xs really moves the boat well. Gets on plane almost instantly. I have no regrets and I came out of a z9.

3. Member
    I have a '21 Z19 Pro. 80# Ultrex works fine for me. Don't have a hydro jack plate, couldn't say what difference it would make. Came with padded front deck. Top speed with tourny load is 66MPH. Played with motor height a bit, can't get past 66 MPH without inducing more chine walk than I care to deal with. Overall, I like it just fine, I think it's the best bang for the buck you can get.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

4. Member
    Mine is a 2022 Z19. I have 80# ultrex and is plenty for that boat. I have a manual jack plate and once its set, really no need to move. that said- its pretty dang easy to adjust. IMO its not worth the extra cost for hydraulic jack plate. You can get a padded area around the bow seat but i don't really think that is worth it either. Really doesn't make a big difference. However, Id definitely add the custom WP pad to the floor in the seating area over carpet. ( my only regret with my custom build).
    As far as top speed? Some guys are claiming 68-70 mph at sea level with the 23p fury. I'm at 4000' above sea level and am getting 63-64 fully loaded with a 21p tempest. I could not get the max RPM's with a 23p

Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Mine is a 2022 Z19. I have 80# ultrex and is plenty for that boat. I have a manual jack plate and once its set, really no need to move. that said- its pretty dang easy to adjust. IMO its not worth the extra cost for hydraulic jack plate. You can get a padded area around the bow seat but i don't really think that is worth it either. Really doesn't make a big difference. However, Id definitely add the custom WP pad to the floor in the seating area over carpet. ( my only regret with my custom build).
    As far as top speed? Some guys are claiming 68-70 mph at sea level with the 23p fury. I'm at 4000' above sea level and am getting 63-64 fully loaded with a 21p tempest. I could not get the max RPM's with a 23p
    I know you are at 4k feet but sounds like you are not getting 100% throttle. I would have the dealer look at the engine and make sure you are getting 100% at WOT especially if you have a hot foot.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Love my 2020 Z19. I can hit 67-68 when loaded for a typical fishing day. The boat will go 70 strait from the factory but once you start adding weight it will slow down. I have the 80# Ultrex and have no regrets. I don't have a hydraulic jack plate and don't feel I need one. I prefer to set it and forget it. I do have the padded deck option and I do like it. I also think the additional cleat at the drivers seat is a must. I use it every time I take the boat out.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Ive had my hot foot checked and am at 100% Demand Linear. I was only getting 56-5700 RPM's with the 23p fury. Dropped to the 21 tempest and now am at 6200 RPM's. I think i can get a couple more MPH out of it if i were to lose a passenger and a little gear. I am also still playing with my PTP to find my sweet spot. On top all that- once i get into those low 60's she starts walking pretty good at which point i let off bc im not good enough behind the wheel yet to stay on it.
    Thank for mentioning the 100% throttle though.

8. Member
    2019 Z19 and ditto with what COMRAD said. Only difference is that I do not have a cleat at the drivers seat...yet.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

9. Member
    That driver cleat is very handy. I was shocked how handy it really is.

10. Member
    My previous boat was a Z19 with a 2 stroke Merc. Pretty much the same boat. It served me well and ran good.

I installed a cleat by the drivers seat on my Z18 and it was not a lot of fun to do. I used the same pull up type as what came with the boat which has 2 threaded rods for securing it. I had to take the shift/throttle handle out to get the nuts on to secure it. Not much room to work with and I had a heck of a time getting the forward nut tight. The rear one I could tighten but I just didn't have enough room for a socket wrench to operate on the forward nut. I finally put a bunch of silicone on the threads and nut and tightened it as best I could. It has held so far and I really don't think it will ever be a problem. I was trying to match the location to where the factory installs it as best I could and didn't think about not having room to operate a wrench.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

11. Member
    Great info, jtrac - never thought that might be an issue. Do you think there would be more room for a wrench if you moved the cleat 6-8 inches toward the stern?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Great info, jtrac - never thought that might be an issue. Do you think there would be more room for a wrench if you moved the cleat 6-8 inches toward the stern?
    Don't quote me on this, but I am thinking I read somewhere that you can use heavy duty toggle bolts to secure the cleat without having to reach under to tighten the nut.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I am thinking I read somewhere that you can use heavy duty toggle bolts to secure the cleat without having to reach under to tighten the nut.
    Sorry, I'm going to quote you. That might work for a surface mount cleat. You would need to replace the screws with a stainless version but I bet that is doable. Downside is it wouldn't match the pull up types used on our boats but maybe who cares. There are some flip up types that look decent.

I got an Attwood 66515-1 cleat which I think is what is on my boat. At least they look the same. The pull up types can only be secured from underneath so getting the nuts tight is the only option I can see. Moving it further back may have worked but once I had the holes drilled I was committed. I think moving it back a few inches might work. If I were doing it again I would take the shifter out as best I could and see what would work before drilling the holes.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

14. Member
    2021 Z19 Pro. 80# Ultrex is adequate. Best speed has been 68 light load. Typical 65-66 with heavy partner and tackle. No chine walk. Love the padded front deck, wish I had the Seadek in the cockpit. Driver side cleat and X-grip phone holder are things I use a lot. Love the boat. Jumps an plane, rides great, ez on fuel.
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 02-26-2022 at 11:07 AM.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I got an Attwood 66515-1 cleat which I think is what is on my boat. At least they look the same. The pull up types can only be secured from underneath so getting the nuts tight is the only option I can see. Moving it further back may have worked but once I had the holes drilled I was committed. I think moving it back a few inches might work. If I were doing it again I would take the shifter out as best I could and see what would work before drilling the holes.
    Great info, thanks for sharing!!

16. Member
    Get the cleat and Seadek.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    Get the cleat and Seadek.
    I've put so many add-ons on my boat even my neighbor noticed. Said if I add anything else it won't float anymore.

18. Member
    I have a 2021 Z19 and love the boat, i run a Fury 23” but the Tempest 24” runs alot better. 68-69mph topspeed with normal load, the 200pro xs 4s tops out at 5800rpm(u should not shoot over that, even if it states max6200rpm). That is what my merc dealer told my and i found it to be true. 10” manual, thinking of a 12” hydraulic.

Quote Originally Posted by hagenhammer View Post
    I have a 2021 Z19 and love the boat, i run a Fury 23” but the Tempest 24” runs alot better. 68-69mph topspeed with normal load, the 200pro xs 4s tops out at 5800rpm(u should not shoot over that, even if it states max6200rpm). That is what my merc dealer told my and i found it to be true. 10” manual, thinking of a 12” hydraulic.
    hagenhammer, any particular reason you were thinking of moving to the 12" hydraulic? Thanks for the note on the rpms.

~J
    ~ JG

DD214 Alumni - July 2022 -

20. Member
    I feel the boat could use an extra 2-4” of setback, might even hang a 4” hydraulic to the 10” slidemaster. Its a heavy boat so lift and leverage cant be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast