Rv'ing - Where to Go? East Coast - Carolina and above

My job is leaning more towards remote work and the thoughts on buying an RV have intensified. Actually, the verdict has changed from a pull behind camper to a motor home in the 31' range as it would allow me to pull a motorcycle trailer or even my little Carolina Skiff to various places. No hurry on the trigger and leaning towards a purchase towards the end of the year for a used model. With remote work, we could stay a week or longer and get out to more places.

Thoughts: I've had a desire to see the East Coast in the Rhode Island up through Maine coastal fishing towns to kind of start the journey. I'm from the FloraBama area and now live along the Georgia coast so there's not much south that we're interested in. She keeps talking about hitting up the Mid West, Grand Canyon etc.

What say you for the East Coast?

Definitely do Maine. Beautiful place to go. We RV the Penobscot Bay Area yearly. Love it. Enjoyed New Hampshire also.

RI Newport is nice , MA you've got Cape Cod, NH also has some nice coastal areas to visit, agree with champ223 Maine is gorgeous

2009 ELITE 210

4. Member
    Don't forget to hit the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Duluth and the northern side of Lake Superior in Ontario (if Canada is open)

Quote Originally Posted by dvl2700 View Post
    Don't forget to hit the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Duluth and the northern side of Lake Superior in Ontario (if Canada is open)
    Beautiful country but I’m not going to Canada for at least 6 years.

6. Member
    My former colleague is from that area. He said they call themselves the "Uppers" or something similar and showed me photos. Now just to hope things work out with the remote work and we'll pull the trigger and get started with the adventure.

7. Member
    "yupers" is the correct spelling. Lived in the UP for four years. Would have promoted up there but the wife wouldn't move. Boss in that area said come without her, next promotion is yours if you want it. Didn't want to lose 50 percent of everything. Wife says what is mine is hers, and what is hers is hers.