Thread: Tilt angle

Tilt angle

2020 Mercury 225 pro xs 4 stroke serial #2B688510 I recently bought a popular brand of transom saver/motor support. When installed the motor seems tilted kind of high to me. What angle is to high of a tilt for transport?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Any angle that permits steering or engine components to contact the jackplate, boat hull/fittings, or other obstructions.

Otherwise, the engine can be anywhere within the mechanical range of the power trim's movement range.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    So you are saying it doesn't matter how high the motor is tilted while trailering down the road? No problem with oil going where it shouldn't go from motor being tilted high?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    So you are saying it doesn't matter how high the motor is tilted while trailering down the road? No problem with oil going where it shouldn't go from motor being tilted high?
    Tempered with a little common sense, that's correct. The TILT system is intentionally designed with the expectation that consumers will use it up to, and including, it's full range of travel.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks!