Thread: Motor prop

Motor prop

2006 115 EXLPTO SER #1B262758. Is the prop that rests on top of the transom when the motor is raised up suitable to support the motor while trailering down the road? I have a motor toter but cannot keep the motor straight when driving.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not sure I accurately understand your question as written- specifically the prop resting on top of the transom.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    I think he is referring to the arm you flip down after you raise the motor. I think he may mean that arm will "prop" up the motor. But I may be wrong....

4. Member
    Sorry for the confusion. The arm that is attached to the motor that rests atop of the transom when in the down position. Is this suitable for supporting the motor in transit?

5. Member
    would not use that for travel any long distances , there are several good aftermarket trailering devices
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    +1!

Do not use to support engine while trailering, it's intended for safety while servicing the engine.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +2... Definitely choose a more durable/suitable device that is meant for trailering.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thanks guys!

9. Member
    I use a motormate for my Optimax, the motor is solid even over bumps !