Thread: Z20 touch panel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Update, got the new touchpad in from spyder controls, doing the exact same thing. Got a few guesses on what the issue could be.

One, hopefully just the power switch. Has felt "off" for a while, before the touchpad went dark it actually malfunctioned first and was stuck "on". Tested the diode behind the switch, it tested ok. When testing the switch itself, I could get the resistance between any of the prongs to change resistance while the button was pressed. Might try to take the switch apart (carefully) and see if the contacts are corroded and if I can clean them up.

The other answer is the ECM went out. Hopefully not that, not sure on lead times for that part.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Z20 so I am following you on this even if I don't say anything. No problems yet. This is how we educate each other. Keep up the good work and posts.

3. Member
    Took the switch apart. Not a traditional set of contacts, another circuit board (good lord why did they design it like this). Contact switches seemed OK on the circuit board, but still can't get the posts resistance to change while the switches are pressed. Still unsure if its the ecm or the power switch / circuit board.

4. Member
    Dealer called me back, they are still going to “try” to get it covered under warranty. I’m going to drop the boat off Monday, just don’t have time to screw with it and tournaments are coming up soon.

5. Member
    Boat is back. Needed a new ecm, on/off switch, and touch panel. Apparently when the ecm went, it took out the other two. Luckily looks like nitro is taking caring of it under warranty. I’ve attached photos of the old and new ecm part number, looks like they installed a new part number ecm.

A61F84E2-8F26-4BD1-A987-18AD2D9880A7.jpeg31BABEA0-122F-40E5-ACBE-E3C6B9950313.jpeg

powered the boat and everything appears to be working except the starboard side livewell recirculating pump. Honestly it may have been broken before that issue, I’ll have to tear into it to see what’s going on. Back in the water though!

6. Member
    Glad to see that you're back on the water!

Glad Nitro took care of it.

7. Member
    My 2020 Z19 pro has been giving me trouble my question is the dash switch panel plug and play? I started having switch trouble: no horn, nav lights came them self and one live well recirculate came on it self then none of the switches worked. I talked to a Nitro dealer he said sounded like a bad switch panel so found the switch panel online at Spyder Controls and ordered it. Can I just swap the panel out or is there a some type of programming that needs done?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMj View Post
    My 2020 Z19 pro has been giving me trouble my question is the dash switch panel plug and play? I started having switch trouble: no horn, nav lights came them self and one live well recirculate came on it self then none of the switches worked. I talked to a Nitro dealer he said sounded like a bad switch panel so found the switch panel online at Spyder Controls and ordered it. Can I just swap the panel out or is there a some type of programming that needs done?
    Yes, it’s plug and play. That said, it could be the ecu as well, not just the touch pad. My dealer had to swap the touch pad, ecu/fuse block and power button. It’s an updated part number so hopefully holds up better. Still hate that it isn’t simple toggle switches. Even when the touch pad works correctly, it’s dumb to have switches in a boat that dont work with wet fingers.

9. Member
    Thanks for all the Spyder Controls info and touch panel info in this tread it definitely helped me be able to fix my 2020z19!

10. Member
    Thanks for all the Spyder Controls info and touch panel info in this tread it definitely helped me be able to fix my 2020z19!
    Glad to hear it. Still think it’s a terrible design. Even when it works, they still don’t really work with wet fingers. Toggle switches would be so much better.

11. Member
    My Jenson I totally agree, the replacement I got was better design but if some comes out with an after market toggle switch replacement I’d order one!

12. Member
    My Jenson I totally agree, the replacement I got was better design but if some comes out with an after market toggle switch replacement I’d order one!
    I'm an electrician and was running out of time before a tournament before I had to get my ECM, power button and touch panel replaced last time, so I was considering trying to do a conversion. The hard part is the livewells, you have to figure out a system with timers if you want to retain the factory functionalities. During the summer I run recirc on constant, but the rest of the year I like just running fresh fill on a timer. The other issue is space, it would be hard to fit a big row of toggle switches in the factory touch pad location.

13. Member
    Check your 20 amp breaker for voltage output. Same thing happened to me and it was the breaker. Should be right next to your master switch in the back.
    Gmc40

14. Member
    Check your 20 amp breaker for voltage output.  Same thing happened to me and it was the breaker.  Should be right next to your master switch in the back.
    Gmc40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12