Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    idbefishing

Is everybody going cash or what?

Crazy liquidations going on lot of names. SHOP ROKU NFLX PYPL AFRM RBLX SQ COIN….FB SNOW CRWD CRM ZM….NET DOCU MSTR….Where’s the money going?

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Personal opinion, they are trying to wipe out retail. We have too much money and they want it lol. I’m not sure how to play this market. I was doing really well until about two weeks ago and all this chop of just tough. Cash is king in this market imo. Needs to pick a direction before I lose anymore money

3. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Personal opinion, they are trying to wipe out retail. We have too much money and they want it lol. I’m not sure how to play this market. I was doing really well until about two weeks ago and all this chop of just tough. Cash is king in this market imo. Needs to pick a direction before I lose anymore money
    Well.....the bears been winning so far.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Well.....the bears been winning so far.
    I agree. Scalp options for the most part anymore and last two weeks have been tough for me. But I agree bears in control for sure. So hard for me to move eating after the last year of bull

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It is a different market for sure. And to think, the Fed is still expanding it's balance sheet for another couple weeks. I think the rate hikes are priced in by now, but with the Fed reducing it's balance sheet, there will be a drain on liquidity, the markets are going to be volatile. This may last for a year or more until the Fed turns dovish.
    Thanos was the hero

6. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    I agree. Scalp options for the most part anymore and last two weeks have been tough for me. But I agree bears in control for sure. So hard for me to move eating after the last year of bull
    Tough for sure, I doubled my trading account last week and damn near gave it all back this week.

7. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It is a different market for sure. And to think, the Fed is still expanding it's balance sheet for another couple weeks. I think the rate hikes are priced in by now, but with the Fed reducing it's balance sheet, there will be a drain on liquidity, the markets are going to be volatile. This may last for a year or more until the Fed turns dovish.
    Yeah, no more crazy run ups. But all that money gotta go somewhere unless they just parked it in the reverse repo or bonds. Maybe the less volatile stuff like SPLV, XLP. Bears already stepping on the gas this morning

8. Member
    I think people may be transitioning the more speculative portion of their portfolios into safer stocks maybe some cash. I have been buying some things like TROW and have some puts out on NXPI and AVGO. Some reas of the market have been hit harder than others but I think it’s possible we could see everything drop dramatically. March is just around the corner and the Olympics are almost over.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Retail has got to be blowing out of their accounts. All the retail/ wall st bets favorites are just getting destroyed. And it's not just retail, I follow a few fund managers on social media and their favorites seem to have no bottom in sight.

Is this what the dot com bubble looked like?
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    I think that the dot com bubble was worse, but this certainly isn't over. I've lowered a few averages today by quite a bit. Not sure how low some of these will go, but I will keep cost averaging down with money I can afford to lose.

11. idbefishing
    I joined the bears party, made all of my gains back before lunch. from 10 to 11:15 am, done.

12. Member
    I dont even feel like this is even that bad yet. This is sort of like the last taper tantrum. Now if SPY gets down to 2500 and the big mega caps are down 40 percent then it will feel more like dot com in my opinion.

13. Member
    probably nothing.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Thanos was the hero

15. Member
    I would think that it will hit European stocks hard if there is a disruption to Western Europes energy supply. I would think that rising gas and oil disruptions would be accompanied by rising prices and affect companies bottom lines and consumers willingness to spend. I have been holding off adding to my international ETF figuring this would happen and that it should drop but this market seems so crazy it is hard to tell. It sounds like alot of people have been allocating more to international exposure so maybe it props it up a bit.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm reading tomorrow we will see what kind of sanctions the EU and US impose on Russia. If the sanctions don't involve oil and gas, then they mean very little to anyone. Best case, Ukraine probably surrenders the two separatists states. Lines on a map get redrawn. If the sanctions target Russians energy sector, then I think we get a drawn out war, oil sky rockets, and we go into a recession this year.

Putins speech was very disturbing. It's worth taking a look at the old USSR map.
    Thanos was the hero

17. idbefishing
    Do you guys know the macro conditions the other times the US was involved in conflict? Vietnam, Iraq,etc…?

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    They were always buy the dip opportunities. But I don't know about the rate environments of other conflicts. I will probably buy a little today if sanctions come out that aren't targeting the energy. But, I'm in no hurry to add
    Last edited by boneil; 02-22-2022 at 02:23 AM.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Member
    Good interview with Martin Armstrong of Armstrong Economics on the above.

https://rumble.com/vvcnyd-new-world-...armstrong.html
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from the timeline of news alerts. Germany willing to stop the gas pipeline is a strong stance. I don't see how we and the rest of Europe doesn't follow suit with tough sanctions that hits Russia hard after what Germany did.
    Thanos was the hero

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast