Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I can see the Interactive Broker commercial now, let me place a hedging trade before I go into the bunker.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    If missiles get launched then I am buying missiles in the air. If it turns out to be a rumor you make money if it turns out to be true you won't be around to see your losses.
    Or, their missiles could work like the rest of their equipment. A lot of mechanical breakdowns on that 40 miles stretch of road.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I can see the Interactive Broker commercial now, let me place a hedging trade before I go into the bunker.
    I could see the Wallstreet Bets forum now. That stupid missile never hit and now my puts are useless.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    For those who don't have twitter, and I don't know how true this is. But...............because a ship, an Estonian cargo ship was recently sunk in the Black Sea, it is now considered a war zone, and maritime law says that nothing can be insured. So no ships can be loaded with a product unless they own the ship. But that doesn't happen, shipping companies aren't usually the producer of a product. Nothing can be shipped out of Russia and Ukraine via the Black Sea. NO oil, and NO wheat. 1.5 million barrels per day of oil are now off the market.

Again, I don't know how accurate this is.

https://twitter.com/PeterZeihan/status/1499425411717079048?s=20&t=GpElkqVeGJXysgtz-lGnbg
    Thanos was the hero

5. idbefishing
    I have TWTR but haven’t seen that. That’s crazy. Putin is going to bankrupt Russia. I saw that Lukoil is calling for peace

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFF look at oil

Traded 130 at the open
    Last edited by boneil; 03-06-2022 at 05:24 PM.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFF look at oil

Traded 130 at the open
    Here comes the 1970s all over again.

8. idbefishing
    So glad I filled up the 36 gal tank last Thursday.

9. Member
    Oil going to be in the red soon.

10. Member
    EVGO starting to move up a little. One of the few green stocks on my screen besides my utility stocks. Break out the chargers when guess goes to 6 dollars a gallon I guess

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I feel like we're whistling past the grave yard. I used the rally to lighten up. I'm still super long TSLA and FB, but I won't be sweating the margin.
    Thanos was the hero

It's nice to see the talk of $200 oil and $6 gas subside. Hopefully when the Russia-Ukraine conflict mends and Russia dumps their oil on the market to keep from going bankrupt, we will return to cheap oil and gas.

13. idbefishing
    China is buying all of the Russian oil, maybe those mfers are keeping the conflict going

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    China is buying all of the Russian oil, maybe those mfers are keeping the conflict going

So is India, they're buying it for a steep discount. But.........China and India can't absorb all of Russia's production. Russian storage facilities and pipelines are filling up with oil and nowhere to send it. Russia's economy is screwed.
    Thanos was the hero

15. idbefishing
    They're super screwed already.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    They're super screwed already.
    I think they were screwed when COVID hit and oil prices plunged. They can't maintain their military equipment, couldn't afford to have pilots get flight time and they have no ability to re-supply troops. They are running out of items in the grocery stores as well. It is liked they dialed back themselves to 50 years ago. They are screwed for sure.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm starting to wonder if a hawkish fed isn't really that detrimental to the stock market. If someone was going to sell due to a hawkish fed, they probably would have already sold, especially after yesterday's minutes and the recent commentary.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    I'm starting to wonder if a hawkish fed isn't really that detrimental to the stock market. If someone was going to sell due to a hawkish fed, they probably would have already sold, especially after yesterday's minutes and the recent commentary.
    My opinion ... the market will slow, roll over, play possum and go upright at a slightly below standard pace.
    UNLESS there are mass defaults on corporate bonds. Which isn't very likely, but still always a possibility.
    Considering Wall Street is fat from the COVID feeding, low rates, buybacks, etc. they're pretty well insulated.
    My concerns are the war and inflation. The latter must be stopped, even if we have a multi-year recession.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    My opinion ... the market will slow, roll over, play possum and go upright at a slightly below standard pace.
    UNLESS there are mass defaults on corporate bonds. Which isn't very likely, but still always a possibility.
    Considering Wall Street is fat from the COVID feeding, low rates, buybacks, etc. they're pretty well insulated.
    My concerns are the war and inflation. The latter must be stopped, even if we have a multi-year recession.
    Corporate debt is definitely a concern. Even companies with good balance sheets are going to be paying more when they roll their debt over. Looking at the high yield market you can see where spreads have been widening due to potential credit concerns. Definitely a good time to be selective.

20. Member
    Yields are starting to become attractive on safer bonds. Just bought a AA Federal Home Loan Bank bond maturing 1/28/25 for 3% yield. Not a bad yield for something maturing in less than 3 years.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast