Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Starbucks Store trying to go Union.

WTH, don't see this working out for them.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/ups...u2VuT4ZSrByrGU

2. Member
    So, that will be a venti pikes peak, an extra shot of espresso, almond milk, mocha, hot, no whip, double cupped and 4 cup slides? That will $25.38, please drive around.

3. Member
    I like their product but don't usually shop there due to the prices.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    WTH, don't see this working out for them.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/ups...u2VuT4ZSrByrGU
    There have already been a couple of stores that have gone Union....Not sure of the exact number..
    I think you'll see it as a growing trend in the service industry especially with a shortage of workers.....This country has gone from a manufacturing country to service oriented and the cost of living for the workers sure hasn't gone down...They need collective bargaining for some leverage..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Luckily no BBC member frequent Starbucks. They have been on the official boycott list for years due to some made up meme that no one took the time to verify.

Ask the former employees how the union push worked out in Memphis.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    As long as it doesn't affect PSL season, I don't care
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Whatever. I don't have a dog in that fight. I make my own coffee anyway.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

my wife goes there once or twice a day.. twice a day trips are for someone on her floor goes for the group in the afternoon..

10. Member
    No dog in that fight but man I've tried to choke down a cup of that coffee, and still can't do it. That burnt wire taste of their reg coffee makes me want to gag.

11. Member
    So they join a union and in a few months to a few years they realize its a McJob not a career and move on. Meanwhile in their short tenor they pay union dues. Sounds like a win win for the union.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I like their product but don't usually shop there due to the prices.
    Same here.

Starbucks is disgusting. Wife used to love it but thankfully she has turned away from them unless she is left with no other choice. I don’t think I’ve had their coffee more than twice in my life.

14. Member
    The only things they serve that is any good doesn’t taste anything like coffee.

I like their coffee, I get it a Wally World and brew it myself. French Roast for me, it's strong no doubt and I like strong coffee. Spent 20 years of my life in Seattle, Starbucks shops everywhere, it has to be seen to be believed. The people making the drinks, barristas I believe they are called, haul in some good coin in tips. Dunno if I was one of them if I would want to jeopardize that by going union.
    Last edited by Quillback; 02-17-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Their iced tea is quite good, though expensive. Last Starbutt's iced tea I had was in May 2012 near Mt. Rushmore.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

17. Member
    People who frequent Starbucks aren't going to stop due to them being Union nor for modest price increases.

18. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Luckily no BBC member frequent Starbucks. They have been on the official boycott list for years due to some made up meme that no one took the time to verify.
    that can’t possibly be.

Dale Sinclair original

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I like their coffee, I get it a Wally World and brew it myself. French Roast for me, it's strong no doubt and I like strong coffee. Spent 20 years of my life in Seattle, Starbucks shops everywhere, it has to be seen to be believed. The people making the drinks, barristas I believe they are called, haul in some good coin in tips. Dunno if I was one of them if I would want to jeopardize that by going union.
    The true Seattleites would never be caught dead at a starbucks now, too mainstream lol.

I've personally never liked most of their coffee, way too burnt tasting. Only a half step up from too old gas station coffee. The nitro cold brew is pretty good though, that's about the only non sugar coffee option I like from there. Also the food isn't too bad if you are in a place (airport or unfamiliar town), where you need a quick bite and don't want to risk getting bad quick breakfast.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    I have had Starbucks coffee three times. First, it tasted like what I think mud would taste like. Second, it tasted like 40 lbs of sugar and the final time it tasted like muddy sugar.

Only morons pay $3+ bucks for coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast