Boat ramps/marina

New to fishing the upper bay. I live in Southern maryland what's a good ramp that's closest to me, I see anchor marine mentioned alot its 2.5 from me. Just seeing if anything is closer thanks for the help!
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

2. Member
    What part of the Upper Bay? Its a big place…. Your asking the equivalent of asking which eamp someone should use on the potomac but them not saying if they want to fish DC or all the way down in Nanjemoy.

I consider Middle River to be the UB as much as Lapidum…. But theres a few ramps in between each.

Anchor would be one of the furthest and by far most expensive for you - you’ll pass all the others and have a lot of tolls, as well as a hefty ramp fee.

just launch out of tydings park in HdG. If its still closed you can go to Lapidum but study the charts and be careful. Also only the ramp nearest the river is usable.
    In fact, study the charts anywhere on the upper bay before you go or have someone that knows the water go with you.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Scraps
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands...ity=BoatLaunch

Lots of info here. If you're south, Dundee is a popular spot for bass fishermen.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

"What part of the Upper Bay? Its a big place…. Your asking the equivalent of asking which eamp someone should use on the potomac but them not saying if they want to fish DC or all the way down in Nanjemoy.

I consider Middle River to be the UB as much as Lapidum…. But theres a few ramps in between each.

Anchor would be one of the furthest and by far most expensive for you - you’ll pass all the others and have a lot of tolls, as well as a hefty ramp fee"

Thanks. Was looking for a safe spot somewhere I will not come back and truck will be on blocks and trailer gone lol. Not familiar with anything up that way. I will look up the areas you suggested.
    Last edited by 8AnDrEw9; 03-06-2022 at 03:32 PM.
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

"just launch out of tydings park in HdG. If its still closed you can go to Lapidum but study the charts and be careful. Also only the ramp nearest the river is usable.
    In fact, study the charts anywhere on the upper bay before you go or have someone that knows the water go with you"

Definitely been checking out everything I can. Dont really no anyone that has a bass boat. I usually just Stay to myself when fishing. Thanks for your suggestion.
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    You're coming a long way anyway you slice it. So which ramp would best serve you for fishing and boating safety....Its tidal so caution is always wise when under power.
    Havre De Grace ( The flats ) - Tydings Launch Ramp will put you right in the middle of the best areas to fish.
    Gunpowder River - Either Dundee Creek state park ramp or Mariner Point in Joppatowne. Good fishing but without local knowledge, could be tough getting on them for awhile.
    Northeast river Anchor Marine - waste of time IMHO. Only a 10 -15 min cruise on the water launching from Tydings in HDG.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Ok thanks for the input. Definitely looking for a safe area to get familiar with the bay. And will be taking my time until I get familiar. Wasn't sure where the salinity cutoff was for bass up that way if there was a ramp closer. Looks like Tydings Launch will be the one I try first. Thanks again.
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

Hey OP,
    When ya coming to the Upper Bay?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.