Thread: Mid July trip

Mid July trip

My son has a baseball tx in Cooperstown and would like to do a guided trip for smallmouth 1 day on our way there. Somewhere between Buffalo and Syracuse. Any suggestions on a lake and guide? Never been to the area, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Member
    https://cooperstownbassguides.com/

Id stay right in Cooperstown and fish Otsego. I’ve never heard a bad thing about that guy.

another option would be to fish Oneida.. theres quite a bit of guides as well and is about 1.5hrs from the mid lake region.

while you’re here, stop to the Fly Creek Cider Mill. It’s an awesome store and the cider mill has been open for 166 years.

oh and eat some chicken riggies, Utica greens, Utica tomato pie, and half moons from hemstraughts bakery! Very regional food, typically you can’t find it once you get 1hr from utica. Kind of like the garbage plate of Rochester or spedies in binghamton.

if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I live about 30min from Cooperstown and can give you some pointers on the area
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    if your going through Buffalo you can always fish Erie

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    if your going through Buffalo you can always fish Erie
    Definitely on the list. Any recommendations for a guide?

5. Member
    Yes, First Class Bass Charters with captain Terry Jones. Terry is a great guy and been guiding Lake Erie and the Niagara River over 25 year, he keeps his boat in the river so if you book a day and the weather is to windy for the lake he can keep you in the river, there are lots of big small mouth in the river as well. I didn't see Terry last season but he usually guides out of a 20' Lund Sport fishing model, lots of room and comfortable

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Contact KGP fishing . NYS licensed guide. Touring opens pro lives on otsego lake in the summer when not traveling can guide you on any of the finger lakes oneida or otsego in cooperstown canadarago 15 min from cooperstown.

7. Member
    Second vote for KGP Fishing

8. Member
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.