Moving to Atlanta

Hi, we just found out we will be moving to Atlanta for work and will be around the Alpharetta area. I seen they have a lot of tournaments on Lanier and was wondering if they also have some evening tournaments during the week?

There are a ton of evening and weekend tournaments on Allatoona and Lanier. There are some decent bass clubs around if one interests you. The biggest is probably Marietta Bassmasters but there are others.

When house shopping bring a tape measure. Most garages down here have 8' wide doors and are very shallow. Boat storage is very expensive and hard to find. Most times it is in a carport type storage. Indoor storage for me had gone up from $95/month to $215/month for the same space. Good Luck!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Thank you for that insight, where do you store your boat? Do they have electric hook up options?

I stored my boat out in Dallas GA but I lived over there. In Alpharetta, I have no idea. We have a few folks on here that might know. Troyboy30 lives over towards Lanier. Jusmangrum I believe is up towards Cartersville. You might want to call a few boat dealers in the area to see if they know more.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Banned
    That place is a total nightmare. I used to travel to Atlanta routinely for business. Glad those days are over. Good luck to you.

6. Member
    Amen!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arley View Post
    That place is a total nightmare. I used to travel to Atlanta routinely for business. Glad those days are over. Good luck to you.

7. Member
    Alpharetta is $$$, one of the expensive areas. I am very glad I work remote now, don't have to worry about traffic.

I think there is an either Tuesday or Wednesday night jackpot that runs out of Laurel Park ramp.

8. Member
    i live at the north end of Lanier lots of local clubs and the fishing is great

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I too live in north GA (Dawsonville). Love that there are so many ramps all over the lake that are free compared to Potomac River at $20 a launch. You can hit any section of lake you want without a lot of boat travel. People are much more willing to talk fishing and not so cut throat. Hit me up ill go out on the lake with ya. I'm always riding solo. I'm also thinking about a club but my work schedule is crazy and I save most of my time for hunting.

Since I moved here almost 4-years ago the lake has been at full pool so I have not seen it very low. Its a fun lake for me until about July then I'm done till march!

Electronics is the name of the game here, unfortunately that's my weakness.

Travel is nothing like Northern VA as it moves here but it is bad. They have a couple great tackle shops as well and some excellent guides.

Alpharetta is nice with some up-class stuff but for me ill take the base of the Alleghanies any day.
    Last edited by BOW4UM; 03-28-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Member
    We ended up buying closer to the lake in coal mountain, Bow4um I’ll send you a message. Move in date is may 27th,

11. Member
    Welcome to Georgia!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    You are close to me like 5-miles. I'm just past the North Ga Outlet Mall off Nix Bridge Road.

You are very close to Hammonds Tackle shop and Freedom Mill shooting range! 2 great places.
    Last edited by BOW4UM; 05-02-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri