Clean power block under dash

Can I run power for lives ope to this or should I run strait to battery?

thanks in advance

2. Member
    Straight to battery is the best way.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Straight to battery is the best way.
    Agree 100%, i added the Sea Clear system to my CX 20 works like a charm. I have three 12 and a 106sv running off a 125 ah Ionic, no problems at all.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Trent Palmer with Sonar Pros also makes and sells dedicated wiring harnesses for your electronics. Highly recommend going this route, regardless of Trents or Sea Clear. Best thing you can do for your high $$ electronics.

5. Member
    Hello CaymasRodney! Quick question - how long is your 125 ah Ionic lasting with your setup? I have the same battery with 2 - 12" Lives and Active Target up front and 2 - 9" Lives at the console. I was running out of battery in about 7 hours of run time. I swapped out the 14 ga wire with 10 ga wire and had 25% left after my last tournament, which was probably 7 hours or so. I also have 3 100 ah Ionics for the Ghost and hardly ever get below 80% even in the wind. BTW, I did run the 10 ga wire to the clean power block and then isolated the feed wire from the back locker directly to the 125 ah Ionic.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papatuel View Post
    Hello CaymasRodney! Quick question - how long is your 125 ah Ionic lasting with your setup? I have the same battery with 2 - 12" Lives and Active Target up front and 2 - 9" Lives at the console. I was running out of battery in about 7 hours of run time. I swapped out the 14 ga wire with 10 ga wire and had 25% left after my last tournament, which was probably 7 hours or so. I also have 3 100 ah Ionics for the Ghost and hardly ever get below 80% even in the wind. BTW, I did run the 10 ga wire to the clean power block and then isolated the feed wire from the back locker directly to the 125 ah Ionic.
    I usually fish about 8-9 hours and usually have about 51% left on my 125 ah and that is leaving all four units on all the time not on standby.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I usually fish about 8-9 hours and usually have about 51% left on my 125 ah and that is leaving all four units on all the time not on standby.
    Maybe it's right on mine. 12" = 2 x 3.6A, 9" = 2 x 2.9A, and Active Target = 1.5A, so total is 14.5A max load. 125 ah would give about 8.6 hours to 0% if my math is right. In 6 hours of continuous use it would consume about 87 ah, which would leave me with 30%. I was at 25% after about 7 hours and I was using standby when running on the 2 12" Lives at the bow.

8. Member
    I found out the AT drains a lot of power, I went back to Garmin and it’s noticeable difference one power usage between the two and I’m running 125 Ionic lithiums.

9. Member
    I ran the recommended gauge from the clean power block and haven’t had any issues.

10. Member
    The clean power block on my '21 CX21 shares the main power switch, and also went through a reset/breaker button tucked way up on the Starboard side of the bilge access area. I recommend avoiding this and going straight to the battery through a dedicated switch on the (+) side of the battery. I did this for all of my electronics, disconnected the factory clean power wires and utilized the same terminal block under the dash. Accessing the console to bow rigging tube is a pain, so good luck. If it was a foot longer it would have been so much easier.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    The clean power block on my '21 CX21 shares the main power switch, and also went through a reset/breaker button tucked way up on the Starboard side of the bilge access area. I recommend avoiding this and going straight to the battery through a dedicated switch on the (+) side of the battery. I did this for all of my electronics, disconnected the factory clean power wires and utilized the same terminal block under the dash. Accessing the console to bow rigging tube is a pain, so good luck. If it was a foot longer it would have been so much easier.
    Agreed, feels like if they made their rigging tubes a few inches longer, so much easier, weird place to cut a corner on a relatively low cost item