Ok guys going to try one more time starting now

Currently 264 at 5’11” ( short and fat)

Lost 97 pounds in 2012 so I know it’s possible!

At 71 it will probably be hard but going to try my main meals will consist of grilled salmon, baked fish with 1/2 baked potato.

Breakfast will be oat meat or Cheerios with a banana.

Slowly add some gym activities with five mile walks.

What y’all think??

2. Member
    Glad it's you not me. I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh about 270 plus or minus. Just finished my fifth cup of black coffee and a moon pie. Had first cup at 4 AM, with some cookies. Ate a "Meat Lovers Jimmy Dean" breakfast at 6. Fished a tournament yesterday and got my ass kicked.
    I like food.
    With luck I'll see 80 in September. I think how long you live is mostly in your genetics.
    I hope to live until I die. Don't slow down something might be gaining on you.

What do I think? I think if it was me, I would eat the same thing you are eating. Then I'd go get me some food.

You got this. Slow n steady wins the race.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    Losing weight is like trying to stop smoking, once YOU have made the decision to lose the rest will *seem* easy-peazy. Like OkieLure said........you got this, Rodney!! Good luck and stay strong!!

5. Member
    Good plan for sure but I'd skip the potato (they beg for butter) try green steamed veggies, carrots instead....... no butter or salt.
    I do oatmeal 5 mornings each week........... fix a batch of steel cut oats that last all week, mix in fruit, blueberries, raisins occasionally and heart healthy chopped walnuts.....
    Walking is great! The more I walk, the more I want to stretch it out and cover more ground............. use different routes to keep it interesting!
    Good luck!
    Oh yeah, btw I did this a year ago when my cholesterol was through the roof........... lost 37 pounds (went from 232 to 195) and have kept it off...........

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Right there with you Rodney, trying to shed about 15lb would make me happy. I'm 6 even and weigh in at 229 but would like to be more like 210 or so .Bad knees limit my walking to some degrees and cold weather doesn't help with getting outside and staying busy, i'll be 70 in may and want to keep on keepin' on for at least another 10yrs in the boat , Good Lord willin' . Stay strong Rodney and stay at it
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    Diet is good...But best thing I ever dis was have Knees replace in march and may of 2018.....i'm 76 now......I heard many horror stories about..all I can say was it was not that bad..I had more misery from the DENTIST...

8. Member
    Sub a yam (sweet potato) for the regular potato. Super healthy and easy to fix.
    I made the change about a year ago. I admit I sprinkle just a pinch of brown sugar on it to make it a little more interesting.
    We also switched to a lot of plant based items...there are some awesome items available now.

And for exercise.....walk walk walk. I've seen a number of my neighbors walk off a lot of weight (along with a change in diet)