Rear fishing seat retention sleeve

I have replaced this once already and it has broken out again at the bottom. Has anyone just not worried about it? The seat comes out easily when you pull straight up but seems to hold in there well when pressure from any side is there.....like wind from trailering or running down the lake. Just don't want it to blow out but I'm pretty confident that another replacement will just do the same.
    Thanks for any thoughts

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    Mine in my 2013 721 I think was broke for almost the entire time I owned the boat, right at 7 years. I just never trailered with the seat in place and it never came out while running.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Thanks Ed for the feed back. So in my 2019 there is a plate in the bilge held in by screws and that seat post is right behind it. I am wondering if I can put something under the "sleeve hole" for the seat post fastener to grip? I'm going to look at it tomorrow just for giggles.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Ok, so here is what I did and it looks like it will work.....Pic heavy...sorry
    I took part of a 1.25" PVC union, cut down the insert to resemble a "washer", glued it in place and then filled it in with a adhesive sealant. Then put it on the outside of the metal "cup" that the pedestal slides into. I took the black plastic piece that broke out of the bottom of the sleeve and epoxied it to the outside bottom of the PVC to make the hole small enough for the seat pedestal "J Hook" to grip (turned the black piece upside down so the "J hook" could reach past it). The only pressure on this will be if the seat tries to pull out, not from someone sitting in the seat which is the "fault in the design".
    Rear fishing seat mod.jpgRear fishing seat mod2.jpgRear fishing seat mod4.jpgRear fishing seat mod6.jpgRear fishing seat mod7.jpgRear fishing seat mod8.jpgRear fishing seat mod9.jpg

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    I have replaced this once already and it has broken out again at the bottom. Has anyone just not worried about it? The seat comes out easily when you pull straight up but seems to hold in there well when pressure from any side is there.....like wind from trailering or running down the lake. Just don't want it to blow out but I'm pretty confident that another replacement will just do the same.
    Thanks for any thoughts
    I replaced mine 3 times. Only to have it break out again each time. I love my Phoenix but some of the components are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    I replaced mine 3 times. Only to have it break out again each time. I love my Phoenix but some of the components are crap.
    Love mine too and this is really a Springfield component issue rather than Phoenix. I would bet this is a problem in any of the manufactures that use this style from them. If anyone has a better fix please share it.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Member
    That's exactly why I'm think about swapping my bases out with regular 3/4'' screw in type I cannot stand these Springfield bases. I've had several boats over the years and they all had what I call just the regular bases and I never had the first problem other that swapping out the brass insert and that was also on older boats.

8. Member
    I've had both. I'll stay with the Springfield. The 3/4" post type get sloppy loose after a lot of use. From my experience!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4