Ice helix 5 chirp GPS G2 will not update.. read and see if you relate or can help?

Hi fellas. So- last year i updated 2 of my boat helix 9's. I used formatted 32gb card. Followed all instructions and both updates went fine.
    Now im trying to update my ice helix 5 from version 2.110 to 2.320. followed Same process of loading proper update to same newly formatted 32gb card. Restored defaults on helix 5. when i plug SD card to unit the screen prompts me with the confirm box to update from 2.110 to 2.320... I hit yes. then followed by- Do i want to abort update... I hit no.
    Screen goes to red as it should and box appears saying - updating software to version 2.320. Do not interrupt this operation. After 1 second screen goes to orange then to nothing followed by start up screen coming on and then CONFIRM box to update comes back on.
    I went through the process several times. Reformatted my card and reloaded the update and my unit keeps taking me back to the confirm box.

Please help and thankyou so much. Maybe im missing something??

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I'd download the update again & try.
    Otherwise call HB if that doesn't do...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    Ive formatted the card and reloaded it 3 times now. May try and load it to a different SD card and see if maybe that's the problem but waiting to hear from others.

4. Member
    You must updqte first to 2.280, update the basemap, then update to 2.32

5. Member
    Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me with a similar issue. I have a Helix 5 Chirp GPS G2 that is running an older version 1.460. I need to update the basemap, so reformatted a 32GB micro SD with Fat32 and downloaded the only version available for this config on Hummingbird's site, which is 2.320. I put only that update (75.7 MB) in the root directory and get a "File is not valid" error when I start it up. Do I need 2.280 and if so from where? If not, is there some other trick I need to know about? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by RVAJim View Post
    Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me with a similar issue. I have a Helix 5 Chirp GPS G2 that is running an older version 1.460. I need to update the basemap, so reformatted a 32GB micro SD with Fat32 and downloaded the only version available for this config on Hummingbird's site, which is 2.320. I put only that update (75.7 MB) in the root directory and get a "File is not valid" error when I start it up. Do I need 2.280 and if so from where? If not, is there some other trick I need to know about? Thanks for any help.
    Did you select the correct unit model name to download?

The instructions state to install 2.230 IF your unit software is 2.180 or lower, yours is.

The other part of the instructions state IF you have 2.280 then you have to install 2.330, yours does not.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 04-25-2022 at 06:10 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by RVAJim View Post
    Additional notes:
    1.460 was the version that added the original Humminbird Basemap with has the 2017 coverage of Lakemaster--non HD.

The software download has to match your unit's model name exactly as shown in the SYSTEM STATUS View.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Thanks, Wayne. I missed this post, but per our DM, I think I've got the right version, it says use 2.32 for anything below 2.180, but it may be that the 1.46 to 2.32 is too much a jump. I'll reach out to Hummingbird support.

Jim