Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    I started loading 54 years ago and have never owned one of those. Always just went to the toolbox and grabbed a tap, bit, 1/4-20 bolt and a handful of washers and moved on.
    That is what I use.

2. Member
    For those who reload how many anneal ??

3. Member
    Only when forming new brass for a couple of my wildcats. Otherwise it's just not worth the time and effort.

4. Member
    Figured I would just keep this running vs starting a new thread. Anyone do any gun smithing ? Curious how you got started / training etc. I have a lot of the stuff needed but not the knowledge. Would like at some point give taking a crappy barrel etc and see what happens. If anything would give me an excuse to buy more tools.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Figured I would just keep this running vs starting a new thread. Anyone do any gun smithing ? Curious how you got started / training etc. I have a lot of the stuff needed but not the knowledge. Would like at some point give taking a crappy barrel etc and see what happens. If anything would give me an excuse to buy more tools.
    This sounds so familiar. My smithing skills, as so many others, came to be out of necessity. Imagine that.. I presently have a replacement barrel on order for a Brazilian Mauser based bench gun in 22-250 and can't depend on anyone else to do it for quite some time so I'm gonna make it happen.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    This sounds so familiar. My smithing skills, as so many others, came to be out of necessity. Imagine that.. I presently have a replacement barrel on order for a Brazilian Mauser based bench gun in 22-250 and can't depend on anyone else to do it for quite some time so I'm gonna make it happen.
    I know all about that. Have a big ole dividing head in the garage because I had a need to recreate a few gears. Not to mention all sorts of stuff I probably forgot about.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post

google vietnamese to english

Got the bench put to gether and stocked...now to mount my press, and add some power.
    I have a similar bench. I found that I needed to tie it into the wall for steadiness.

Figured I’d throw up my multi-purpose bench… reloading, cleaning, archery etc. The 12ga shotshell reloader swaps out with a matching 20ga press and plan on getting a 16ga soon.

I don’t reload rifle as much anymore but I can easily throw up the rifle press when needed.

Last edited by J D; 08-24-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

9. Member
    For you progressive reloaders, have you tried the Franklin vibra prime. Neat tool that vibrates the primers into the tube so you don't have to pick them up off the primer tray individually. Have used mine for at least 10 years loading primer tubes for my Dillon. Makes refilling primer tubes quick and easy. Also not that expensive.
    dvl2700

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Figured I’d throw up my multi-purpose bench… reloading, cleaning, archery etc. The 12ga shotshell reloader swaps out with a matching 20ga press and plan on getting a 16ga soon.

I don’t reload rifle as much anymore but I can easily throw up the rifle press when needed.

That's a really nice bench! Thanks for sharing.

11. Member
    Just before the primer shortage hit---I bought 18,000 small pistol primers for a fantastic price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already had enough small rifle and large rifle and pistol to do me until the "second coming".

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc3 View Post
    Just before the primer shortage hit---I bought 18,000 small pistol primers for a fantastic price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already had enough small rifle and large rifle and pistol to do me until the "second coming".
    Nice! I was well stocked up pre-shortage also, but when you're shooting 10K+ 9mm a year like the wife and I do, you are always looking for more. Everything but primers is pretty easy to find now, although most of it is still pricey. And even most primers are out there, if you're willing to pay the $100+ per K delivered for them.
    John

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc3 View Post
    Keep in mind that at least with CCI primers that small rifle primers are basically equivalent to small pistol magnum primers, so loads can be adjusted to accommodate the differences for many different applications. This makes stocking both not that essential.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234