Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What’s a good mid priced fishing line these days.

What’s a good mid priced fishing line these days. A lot has changed In The line world and I can’t decide what to try. I’ve been using Invizx for years but I’m tired of paying 30bucks a pack.
    Last edited by VIDRINE; 02-08-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Red Label is a good, standard fluorocarbon line. While not cheap, I use Sunline FC Sniper most of the time and use a lot of mono backing.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Lately, I've been using the Yo-zuri Hybrid co-poly and Top Knot fluorocarbon. I also have had good luck with Red Label.

4. Member
    What type line are you wanting recomendations on and what techs are you wanting to cover?

Assuming you want recommendations for Mono/Co-poly/Fluoro: PLine CXX/PLine Topwater/PLine CX, McCoy's Mean Grean, YZH/YZH Fluoro, Izorline Platinum and XXX and I agree on Red Label, it is a very usable/good line.

Do you fish braid as well?

5. Member
    I just bought a spool of Invizx at Academy Sunday because I was desperate. It was only $19.99. Sniper is my go to and its the same price but I have to order online and wouldn't have got it in time.

6. Member
    I buy 1000 yard spools .You save a little .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Roger that. I was doing the same. I’m out so I’m thinking of trying something different.

8. Member
    Izorline copolymer xxx, great line. Very strong and not much memory

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Red lable isn't what it use to be either, something changed ,always looking for something decent in price but good quality also Lately I've been using Vicious Elite not regular vicious, Wired2fish did a review of it and it what pretty well recieved.
    Last edited by twitch; 02-08-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Roger that. I was doing the same. I’m out so I’m thinking of trying something different.

11. Member
    I agree red label isn’t what it use to be. IDk just looking to try something diff.

12. Member
    That was a good deal.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    What type line are you wanting recomendations on and what techs are you wanting to cover?

Assuming you want recommendations for Mono/Co-poly/Fluoro: PLine CXX/PLine Topwater/PLine CX, McCoy's Mean Grean, YZH/YZH Fluoro, Izorline Platinum and XXX and I agree on Red Label, it is a very usable/good line.

Do you fish braid as well?
    No sir I’m not a braid person don’t like it I tried to like braid for a few years. I use floro only 12, 15,17,and 20.

14. Member
    I really like Berkley 100% for floro. I’ve tried Seaguar (IvisX-not worth the price, Red Label-way too stiff and isn’t the same quality as they produced years ago), Vicious, Berkley Vanish, and some cheap Sunline.

Berkley 100% is the best I’ve used. Some guys swear by Sunline but 100% floro is great for the price so I haven’t felt the need to try something else.

It’s only $20 for a spool and Typically during the Bass Pro Spring Classic sale they have a “buy 1 get 1 free” sale on it. So 2 spools for $10 each ain’t bad at all.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I really like Berkley 100% for floro. I’ve tried Seaguar (IvisX-not worth the price, Red Label-way too stiff and isn’t the same quality as they produced years ago), Vicious, Berkley Vanish, and some cheap Sunline.

Berkley 100% is the best I’ve used. Some guys swear by Sunline but 100% floro is great for the price so I haven’t felt the need to try something else.

It’s only $20 for a spool and Typically during the Bass Pro Spring Classic sale they have a “buy 1 get 1 free” sale on it. So 2 spools for $10 each ain’t bad at all.
    Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to get one spool of the Berkeley and see how I like it.
    Last edited by VIDRINE; 02-08-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Add to

16. Member
    How’s sunline assassin anyone have a review

17. Member
    The PLine family of lines is awful hard to beat. I have had great success with Flouroclear and really like Tactical Flouro. I tried Seagar InVsx last year for flipping and pitching. Never use a line that wanted to nick as much as that. My experience with Sniper in last two years is it remembers every damn thing it ever saw. I don't think it is as good as it was 4-5 years ago. I do like the Sunline mono.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

18. Member
    if cost is the main driver and you don't want to lose the "quality", you can do what alot of people, including pro's do....fill the the spool with cheap mono and then spool a cast plus 1/4 to 1/2 with what ever line you want to use. Additionally, if you are a person who changes line alot, then you can spool from one reel to the next, thus using the fresh line that was basically backing.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

19. Member
    YoZuri Top Knot is the best “cheap” fluorocarbon I’ve used. I normally use Sunline but have been extremely happy with Top Knot

20. Member
    Pline C21, cheap and very strong for it's diameter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast