Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Empty Shelves At Cabela's Today

Did my monthly stop at Cabela's on my way home from work today. The stock has been low for a long time but today they were just about empty.

I asked the associates and they said they were moving inventory around to fill in some of the bigger stores. The shelves were empty and consolidated down to small 3 ft sections.

Rows that were 20 ft long had only 3 ft of fishing tackle. It was scary. I could not find one thing to buy.

Having the same problems on line trying to buy rods that I am looking for.

2. Member
    Very sorry to hear that. Walmart is pretty well stocked.

3. Moderator
    It was scary?? Sounds like first world problems to me. I’m sure you have enough in your boat/garage to make do.

4. Member
    I used to take a ride out to a Cabelas a few hours away a couple times a year. Now it's a wasted trip. Low or poor inventory for years.

5. Member
    Just went to the Cabela's here in KC today and they were in good shape on inventory. Actually had several reels and sonar units which was a bit of a surprise. Rods were well stocked with the BPS and mid-range models from AG, Falcon and St. Croix. Plastics and cranks were also nearly full. Boat inventory was a little low but that is true everywhere.

6. Member
    The Cabela's stores by me have always lacked when it came to their fishing departments versus the hunting departments. Then BPS bought them and they got worse. Now with the increase in demand for product during the pandemic (MN alone sold over 100k more fishing licenses in 2020 vs 2019, and I think increased again in '21) as well as the supply chain issue, it's no wonder you're not seeing anything on the shelves. I know for a fact BPS will pull product from their brick and mortar stores (BPS and Cabela's) to fulfill online orders, so that is further contributing to empty shelves. I don't even bother going into Cabela's stores anymore......

Stock up at Walmart with hooks, sinkers & bobbles.. get a stick and some braid with a can of nightcrawls.

8. Member
    If it lasts more than 4 hours maybe you oughta call your doc.
    GETFISHED !!!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Stock up at Walmart with hooks, sinkers & bobbles.. get a stick and some braid with a can of nightcrawls.
    I was in a WalMart in Champaign, IL recently and I was very surprised at how well their fishing department was stocked. I left with a sack of lures at bargain prices.

10. Banned
    Yep KC Cabela’s has everything and not just the fishing dept. All seemed well stocked.

guess with how much tackle I have I am sitting on a gold mine

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    Did my monthly stop at Cabela's on my way home from work today. The stock has been low for a long time but today they were just about empty.

I asked the associates and they said they were moving inventory around to fill in some of the bigger stores. The shelves were empty and consolidated down to small 3 ft sections.

Rows that were 20 ft long had only 3 ft of fishing tackle. It was scary. I could not find one thing to buy.

Having the same problems on line trying to buy rods that I am looking for.

Remember this is good for you. Stop your complaining

Just got my Bass pro master catalog and they are promoting 50 years and are advertising Truckloads sales and overstocks.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I was in a WalMart in Champaign, IL recently and I was very surprised at how well their fishing department was stocked. I left with a sack of lures at bargain prices.
    it does have a fairly decent inventory. So does the one in Savoy.

15. Member
    Our local Bass Pro is well stocked. No empty shelves anywhere that I notice. Fishing dept seems very well stocked.
    John

16. Member
    I live 30 minutes from Sidney Cabela's. It's a ghost town maybe 5 workers and on a good day might be 5 customers in there. It used to be packed!! I think the only reason it still is even open is the nostalgia.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

17. Member
    i went to the Rogers, AR store last Friday am. It had snowed a few inches overnight and was very cold. We got there at 9ish and there were probably 2 dozen customer cars in the lot. The only products we saw out of stock was the clearance items we went in there hoping to snag and, of course, some ammo. I found some of the clearance henleys I wanted, but not the right thermals on clearance. They seem to be doing just fine.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

18. Banned
    Academy by me was pretty well stocked with everything.

19. Member
    Most be sending it all to Bass Pro. I went to the local BPS and it was fully stocked. They even had flat worms, 5.56 and 9mm! It was the most ammo I’ve seen on the shelves in a long time.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

20. Member
    Most of the time i go is always low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast