Thread: Pro 190 tx prop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro 190 tx prop

I just purchased a 2014 tracker 190 with a 115 opti proxs,I want to change out the aluminum prop that came with the boat,I cannot give any specs on the performance from the prior owner because with only 24 hr use he never ran the boat over .7 tenths of a mph, but I have read about the props that were on from the factory are no good,can anyone suggest what would be the best ss prop to put on to get holes hot along with the best speed possible,I'm not looking to set speed records but want the motor to perform like it is meant to,thanks in advance

2. Member
    A 19" pitch Powertech NRS3 or a 20" pitch laser 2 with some cup added and mount the motor in the 3rd hole from the top.

Holeshot and speed are not two things that run synonymous with engines 115 HP and below. You have to choose one.

There is a reason why Tracker is now providing the majority of their boats with a 4 blade props now. I would not recommend a 3 blade if you are looking to get the best holeshot possible. You will still get good speed, but you will lose 1-2 mph vs. a 3 blade. If you want all out max speed then the recommendation from bassfisher will be pretty spot on.

If I was to recommend you a prop, I would recommend a Trophy X7 4 blade. If those are not available direct from Mercury then Power Tech is an excellent substitute prop. You should go with the cushion lok hub if it's available from them, as it is the equal to Mercury's Flo Torq modular hub. I believe 19 pitch will still apply, but you may need to check with Power Tech just in case. Depending which way you swing, I can help make sure that recommendation will still be valid for the X7 or any other 4 blade prop you choose to get. Let me know.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

4. Member
    Thanks for that advise I wll order one today and hopefully I can get some rpm readings this week as our lake is almost free of ice

5. Member
    Hey guys I've been looking for a spitfire 12.7x19 and they are out of my range but I got a deal pending for a quicksilver Q4 prop 12.7x19 what's your thoughts on this prop,will it work on my 115hp optimax??

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    A 19" pitch Powertech NRS3 or a 20" pitch laser 2 with some cup added and mount the motor in the 3rd hole from the top.
    What about the NRS4 in 19P

Blew my mind on the power tech I tried 5 or 6 props on my ocean boat. 24 Striper walk around. Repowered with a 300 V rod a OF power tech 4 blade gave me the best top end speed and hole shot. Wondering if anyone had tried the 4 blades.
    Last edited by LittleRiver MSports; 03-08-2022 at 09:28 PM.
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

7. Member
    I found one place that sells them but are out of stock and they sell for 449.99. Won't the q4 work? Because that is 300 tmd

Q4 and the spitfire are the very same prop. One is mercury one is quick silver. Was on the phone for a while today with Ken at Prop gods in Fla and talking different props.

Just in case you guys know both Ken and Power tech like their RXb4 over the NRS3. When they both like it its got to be good. Back ordered 4 to 6 weeks, Thats the issue.

Ended up going this route in my 190

Solas 19p 4 blade
    Mercury 115
    2.07 gearcase
    52.5 mph gps consistent. Bumped 53 a few times.

I know alot of folks aren’t big fans of Solas but it has been flawless for me on this rig.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee193 View Post
    Ended up going this route in my 190

Solas 19p 4 blade
    Mercury 115
    2.07 gearcase
    52.5 mph gps consistent. Bumped 53 a few times.

I know alot of folks aren’t big fans of Solas but it has been flawless for me on this rig.
    What pitch and which solas prop are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRiver MSports View Post
    What pitch and which solas prop are you running?
    19 pitch
    13 diameter
    4 blade
    Solas HR Titan 4

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee193 View Post
    19 pitch
    13 diameter
    4 blade
    Solas HR Titan 4
    Thank you. Seen someone else mentioned the HR Titan 4
    Just ordered me one. Overtons had them for $360 dollars. Been looking for best deals all day.
    Last edited by LittleRiver MSports; 03-10-2022 at 04:56 PM.

13. Member
    What about the solas rubex h4 13 x19 are they the same prop??

OK guys . If I get a deal and can pass it on I do. If you don't mind a month wait got my prop a little cheaper.
    Overtons sent me a e mail said the prop was back ordered. Delivery date set for 4/15. I replied back can you offer a discount. Told them off e bay I seen them at 336 dollars. Went with them cause Greenville NC was local. She matched the price. Lower and lower we go. Man do I love saying money. LOL
    PABassman can't help you on that one talk to Pro Gods in Fla. 941-735-5808 Guys name is Ken. He knows everything about every prop ever built. On the offshore forum I am on THT. THE HULL TRUTH, he is the go to guy for our boats.
    he can give you the differences almost off the bat between the Titan and rubex. I"m going with what I seen off here cause the guys that have already had the experiences with it works for them . Our list of top speed and prop page here on BBC. IF a 115 can hit 52 with a prop it will work for me . Heck of a lot cheaper than the Spitfire x7 and Power tech which is 6 weeks out on delivery also. Seen one Dominator on e bay liked the looks but didn't speak with Ken about it. He talks I listen. He owns the business. LOL
    Ken helped me with the Fountain with twin motors woke that boat up. Sold it have a 24 walk around now repowered with a 300 v rod and 10 inch jack plate on a walkaround. NO KIDDING> LOL . Ken told me go with the power tech and which one. Boat runs 54 mph with just me in it , it flys. Hole shot that will throw you out the back if your not holding on. 5.0 stars out of 5.0 Rest my case. :)
    Hope this helps you. :)

15. Member
    I ended up going with the rubex 13x19 4 blade,took it out today and was very surprised with full tank of fuel and all my gear in both front boxes 2014 tx 190,I converted front well to storage, at 5800 rpm I ran 53mph great out of the hole,I'm very satisfied with that but I'm going ahead with the 4 inch jackplate and going to really dial her in,more to come on that but for 276.00 I was very happy

Sounds pretty good. Very underrated prop for these boats for sure.

17. Member
    My son has 2021 with a 21 pitch 3 blade
    Aluminum,it will run just shy of 50,I told him to leave it alone,I dont believe a stainless prop will improve its performance,it is what it is
    Outlaw Bass

Quote Originally Posted by kvdwannabe View Post
    My son has 2021 with a 21 pitch 3 blade
    Aluminum,it will run just shy of 50,I told him to leave it alone,I dont believe a stainless prop will improve its performance,it is what it is
    There is always an improvement to come from using a stainless prop. It doesn't what horsepower it is. On a 115 you definitely have a lot to gain over aluminum. It just depends on how deep your wallet is.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

Ended up getting the Solas Titon 19P for 260 dollars new off e bay. . Stuck it on had a chance to play with it love it.
    For you guys that have all three batteries in the rear go with a 21P You can turn it. I'm getting 5500 out my 19P 4 blade have 5 batteries in the boat two adults ( me and mama are not light weights. LOL ) Two electronic batteries are forward in the left front compartment, moved the trolling batteries to the front side compartments behind the seats double seats in the front, and loaded full of fuel boat still ran 40 mph. Cruise at 30 mph at 42 to 4300 RPM. Not a top end person was hoping for a little more speed but its a rocket out the hole with the 4 blade and weight forward now. Front end I doubt comes up more than 3 or 4 inchs and its gaining speed the second you nail it. Up on plane I'd guess 3 to 4 seconds. I'm coastal I need that.
    If you have a 115 motor don't even consider a 19p in the Titon 4 blade. not unless you have one of those 6300 motors but you can turn a 21P get a few more MPH out the boat with the bigger pitch. :)

20. Member
    Only getting 40mph with a 115? That is terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast