Thread: Pro 190 tx prop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Only getting 40mph with a 115? That is terrible.
    I agree. Haha. That's pretty slow all things considered.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    22P 3 blade Tempest Plus propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

Only getting 40mph with a 115? That is terrible.
    No I have a 90 mercury on mine . When I first got the boat it would do 40 with just me in it. . After completely redoing the boat I"ve added just guessing 650 pounds of stuff to it Two trolling motors one front one rear, now has 5 batteries. Old style battery's Two 3 bank chargers, duel seats up front, My run day before yesterday with the new 4 blade prop was full of fuel two adults in the boat cooler loaded with gear. Just the way its gona run all the time. . After adding all that weight and a 90 hp it still runs 40. :) Moved my batteries forward to. Only one in the rear, two trolling motor batteries are in the small compartments behind the seats. electronic batteries are in the front compartment to the left. Had a 19.5 stratos years ago moved all three batteries to the front of the boat it stood up so bad, just moving that weight totally changed the way to boat handled. I yanked to up on single skies after that. Was a rocket out the hold. Why I moved everything forward in this boat. I'll get a video of how fast it comes out, its fast. Knew I was not going to be a high speed boat with all I wanted to put in it. Added back splash in the rear so the water would not come up in the boat. I fish coastal at the beach. It can get rough. :)
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

3. Member
    Why do you have a trolling motor in the rear?

Why do you have a trolling motor in the rear?
    I do the very same thing with that trolling motor you guys do with the polls and a lot more. Second boat I've had one on. Love them.
    Keeping myself on one spot with the Pilot (white one) is easy. Have the foot control on the pilot the white one up by me in the front. I always fish to the left side of the boat or try to. If the wind is blowing your rear towards the bank I can tap the motor in the rear bring my back around keep the boat straight. . Reds, trout, bream, crappie and stripers then bass. In that order. Little green ones anyway. LOL
    I'm coastal Red fish in the reeds a lot. Channels don't get much bigger than the boat 4 and 5 foot of water I can back out the runs with that second or rear motor and wind is always blowing at the beach. You try turning around or backing out with the front motor your ass end is up in the reeds . Cypress trees same way even up in and around anything. I can navigate around curves with two motors. .
    90 % of the time GF and I fish together. Only time we don't is when shes working and I am not. Her job, put the rear motor over get it up. We have to move from the center to the double seats up front its not a issue for her to flip it down or up when we stop somewhere. If the wind is blowing from the bank, same thing, instead of your rear trying to slid around into deeper water I can sit in one place or move along again keeing the rear parallel to the bank.
    On the other boat 16 foot pan fish stick steer I had a manual. Mama was in the rear of that boat so right there at it but if I'm fishing banks had that one locked at a 45% pointed toward deeper water or the bank depending on the wind. Had a foot switch in that boat just tap it motor comes on . Love the white pilot in the 190tx . Don't take long at all to master two trolling motors. Looks complicated but its not. . Easy part if both at 24v like the pilot you just hook it in with the front trolling motor batteries. Your not using the rear but to correct or back out of somewhere so it really does not use that much power. With the 5 batteries I've been fishing 3 times still don't need charging.

On the speed, Moving that weight forward I know what keeps it from running on up there in the low 40s or 45 mph. I've tried several settings on the jack plate mentioned I had to move it down a little, having to move it back up prop started spinning and with weight forward i'm not going to get the trim you guys are getting with all your batteries in the rear. She won't trim up like it did when I first got it. About like having someone sitting up by the trolling motor while your running. Would of been nice to got more speed but I cruise at 4200 at 30 mph so I'm good. 16 foot pan fish top speed with both of us in the boat was 32 cruise at 25 so I'm up from where I was with that boat and hole shot like mentioned in fast. Picture of the foot switch beside the trolling motor switch is the 16 foot manual trolling motor. Pilot in the other. You can set up a manual for under 200 dollars. I had the pilot in the shop for a few years had it on a pontoon boat . Just cut the shaft down for the 190.
    Make a joke about if , polls are for girls.
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12