Falcon 195 prop sharing info and review.

Ok I’ve had mine for 11 months now. It came with a Fury 23 pitch. 200hp Mercury 4 Stroke. Manual jack plate. Yes I know a hydraulic is better. It takes months to learn to drive this boat if you are not familiar with driving high speed bass boats. I can finally control mine after this amount of time. Yes this hull is prone to chine walking. I played with the motor height a bunch. The Fury is best at 3.5 inches prop to pad. At higher prop to pad you will have to feather the throttle as you get on plane to keep the prop from blowing out on a manual jack plate. My top performance with the 23 Fury is 72 mph at 5850 Rpm. Tried a 24 pitch Powertech TRO4 today. Holeshot is about the same as Fury. Top speed was 69 mph at 5950 Rpm. I think I can raise the motor height 1/4 to 1/2 inch which I will do soon. Ran at 3.5 ptp today. With the powertech prop the boat was much less prone to chine walking. Stayed on plane at a much lower Rpm. Could trim higher with the powertech which makes me think it needs to be higher ptp. My particular hull likes a lot of trim. It will lope if you don’t trim it high enough. 2 big people and a full live well with the powertech I ran 66 mph at 5800. Holeshot was still good with the powertech. The Fury is a dog out of the hole with a full load live well full and a partner.

In short if you buy this boat new request a 22 pitch Fury. Do not accept a 23 pitch. Or get it with a 1.85 gearcase which they are offering now on the 200hp. I think it is a better gearing for this combo.

2. Member
    Update. Tried raising the motor up with the powertech. It was a no go. Didn’t have enough trim to get the bow up enough to prevent loping at higher speed. Dropped it back down and can trim up enough to tote the bow with no loping. I also got the fury back from being worked. As I’ve read on BBC it’s a different prop after you get it worked. The day I ran it was no good for WOT run but the holeshot was ridiculous after being worked. I have not tested it with a load yet but will soon. They worked it for a few more Rpm along with B & B The prop. Just me and empty live well the holeshot is better with the fury now than the powertech.